Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: Worth watching on telly

Postby NottinghamWhite » 25 Oct 2017, 14:27

Just watching last nights New lives in the wild with Ben Fogle. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby NottinghamWhite » 09 Nov 2017, 13:41

We watched Pride of Britain yesterday & it featured 2 remarkable young boys. One had a dreadful skin condition & obviously suffers a great deal with it. He's a WBA fan & despite his condition was very humourous & brought tears to your eyes. The other little lad did fund raising for Alderhay hospital in Liverpool, he was allowed to take a bucket round to the rest of the audience, sadly can't find anywhere to say how much he raised but allegedly Duncan Ballantyne pledged £10k according to someone on Twitter. It's a good watch if you haven't seen it.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Barlow Boy » 09 Nov 2017, 14:37

I saw a clip on twitter of a young lad meeting David Beckham, the lads face when Beckham walked into the room was priceless :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
Garry Monk's statistician

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 09 Nov 2017, 17:54

Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Fantastic program even if you don't have a interest.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Gordon Strachan's chauffeur

Postby rigger » 09 Nov 2017, 18:00

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Totally agree.
I always loved the first series even though I don't like being in the water myself.

The Mariannas trench has fascinated me since I was a kid wondering what kind of freaky things must live down there.

You know that bit in the old series with the "hole" in the bottom of the sea bed where the heavy salty water was ?? All the fish buzzed across it, too scared - or too clever - to go in ? Well, this time round there was a similar place (maybe the same) with that eel having convulsions after going down there :o

You can't tell me there's not some great aquatic Jabba The Hut type creature living at the bottom of that particular abyss with his mouth open, lazily looking upwards all day long :D
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
Garry Monk's statistician

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 09 Nov 2017, 18:12

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Totally agree.
I always loved the first series even though I don't like being in the water myself.

The Mariannas trench has fascinated me since I was a kid wondering what kind of freaky things must live down there.

You know that bit in the old series with the "hole" in the bottom of the sea bed where the heavy salty water was ?? All the fish buzzed across it, too scared - or too clever - to go in ? Well, this time round there was a similar place (maybe the same) with that eel having convulsions after going down there :o

You can't tell me there's not some great aquatic Jabba The Hut type creature living at the bottom of that particular abyss with his mouth open, lazily looking upwards all day long :D

If there was I can tell you it would have links to Russia. :)

My mind tells me that I would love to deep sea dive. Although when I have snorkelled on the odd occasion, the moment I dare to look out into the deep blue ocean, I can't get the sight of a great white shark's teeth heading my way. Those bloody demons again... :D
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Gordon Strachan's chauffeur

Postby NottinghamWhite » 13 Nov 2017, 16:43

Don't normally like adverts on TV but the Christmas Waitrose is very clever set at Tan Hill Inn set in the Yorkshire Dales.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Previous

Return to General