Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watched the first episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. Excellent thus far.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched the first episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. Excellent thus far.
Episode 2 currently on :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched the first episode of Reacher on Amazon Prime. Excellent thus far.
Episode 2 currently on :lol:
We’re still watching :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Finished all 8 episodes binge watching, the series didn’t disappoint loads of action & a decent story line.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Finished all 8 episodes binge watching, the series didn’t disappoint loads of action & a decent story line.
Was going to start that last night so may just begin tonight :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Finished all 8 episodes binge watching, the series didn’t disappoint loads of action & a decent story line.
Well we really enjoyed it Alan Ritchson is much more convincing as Jack Reacher than Tom Cruise was in the movie version. Having read most of the books written by Lee Child it was good to see some decent casting. Also enjoyed Bruce McGill as the mayor/chief of police. The series was based on the book Killing Floor first published in 1997.

I’ll be interested Davy what you think.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:
Well we really enjoyed it Alan Ritchson is much more convincing as Jack Reacher than Tom Cruise was in the movie version. Having read most of the books written by Lee Child it was good to see some decent casting. Also enjoyed Bruce McGill as the mayor/chief of police. The series was based on the book Killing Floor first published in 1997.

I'll do my best Barry Norman or for the younger one Mark Kermode
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Saxon »

Last night watched 'Marley' a 2012 documentary/biography about life of Bob Marley.
A very informative and interesting movie. Revealed another side of the mainstream impression of a pot smoking rock star.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Well I binged it last night and finished it in the early hours . OK here goes Mark Kermode V2:D

A very enjoyable action series much of which features the impressively put together Mr Ritchson. My only issue with the above would be the only muscles that didn't seem to move were the ones on his face which made him very one dimensional to me. Maybe this was playing to his "I don't say a lot unless I have to" personality.

As for the female lead, Roscoe was an interesting character, sassy, not hard on the eye especially in some scenes. I actually think she made the show. Having binged this all in one go I obviously did enjoy it and would recommend it as it did keep me saying "ok just one more episode.

I'm going to use the spoiler function for a few things but just to say that the action scenes were typical movie nonsense but in an enjoyable way and I guess you need some "poetic licence for these things. For example :
Spoiler:
If a car door gets riddled with 5 or 6 bullets the driver isn't getting out and running away.
Spoiler:
Cardboard boxes full of paper doesn't stop bullets.
Spoiler:
I know the lead man is a very big fella but getting whacked with a crow bar as he did would tend to leave a few marks
Spoiler:
A lot of build up for face camouflage when he really didn't need it
Spoiler:
I had Picard fingered straight away but I didn't see Hubble coming back or being an informer
Spoiler:
The special effects of the warehouse fires were a bit pants :D
Spoiler:
Last point. At the end when Reacher was in his dress uniform someone should have taken him away and got him one that fitted. He looked like he'd been trailed through a hedge.
I'm being picky, as I say the points I make would be part and parcel of any action show. A bit of escapism does you no harm.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Davycc wrote:Just finished season 4 of Ozark. Not dissappointed :thumbup:
Watched the first three episodes last night hard to see how they’ll get to season 4. Will watch some more later.