Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm the same, Davy.
Absolutely love hard sci-fi (Blake's 7, 2001, Dark Star, anything written by Clarke, Dick and Heinlein) but I haven't watched Dr Who since about a year into the Tennant reign.
I really liked it when Ecclestone brought the show back to life, but it became a bit of a soap/cartoon after that, and it reminds me more of the ridiculous series after Tom Baker retired from the role.

It's a bit like music though : your era will always seem the best, so Pertwee/Baker are the best IMHO.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:I'm the same, Davy.
Absolutely love hard sci-fi (Blake's 7, 2001, Dark Star, anything written by Clarke, Dick and Heinlein) but I haven't watched Dr Who since about a year into the Tennant reign.
I really liked it when Ecclestone brought the show back to life, but it became a bit of a soap/cartoon after that, and it reminds me more of the ridiculous series after Tom Baker retired from the role.

It's a bit like music though : your era will always seem the best, so Pertwee/Baker are the best IMHO.
That's the thing though mate, I never got into Dr Who, AC Clarke was a visionary, even the tacky Buck Rodgers in the 21st Century with Gil Gerard and the gorgeous Erin Gray was watchable. Dr Who always seemed to be playing catch up and I hate saying that about US shows.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We've been watching a few Ultimate Force episodes & we're enjoying them.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We've been watching a few Ultimate Force episodes & we're enjoying them.

Used to enjoy that series.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Just started watching the entire Star Trek original series in all its newly restored HD glory.

It looks beautiful - so contemporary in terms of the exterior shots of the ship and the various planets they visit, though the interiors and studio "location" shots with their polystyrene boulders and wobbly sets are as rough as I remember : just now they're in HD :D

I'm only 7 or 8 episodes in, but what's stunned me the most isn't the secondary use of the phaser weapons, but the attitude to women.
I know times have changed, but it's really astonishing looking back at it ...
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

rigger wrote:Just started watching the entire Star Trek original series in all its newly restored HD glory.

It looks beautiful - so contemporary in terms of the exterior shots of the ship and the various planets they visit, though the interiors and studio "location" shots with their polystyrene boulders and wobbly sets are as rough as I remember : just now they're in HD :D

I'm only 7 or 8 episodes in, but what's stunned me the most isn't the secondary use of the phaser weapons, but the attitude to women.
I know times have changed, but it's really astonishing looking back at it ...
Although not in HD i did watch the whole series about a month ago and really enjoyed it bar of course the bad props and how the light was always on William Shatner and no-one else, was funny watching the tribbles and women with green skin!!! have now moved onto the next generation.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just watched the first Criminal Minds got the box set off catchup. So far seems watchable :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Easyjet airline programme... a certain person was just going through a divorce and was nearly 3 stone lighter :D

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched the first Criminal Minds got the box set off catchup. So far seems watchable :thumbup:
We are currently binging on this &'just finished series 1. Very enjoyable :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Rich house poor house. Is it the poor wanting to be rich, or the rich wanting to be poor? I still haven't worked it out yet.