Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Loving that Dynasties with David Attenborough on the BBC. Especially loved the first one about David the Chimpanzee. I was willing him on after he was attacked and left for dead by a few of the rival males.

Personally i say good on the crew for rescuing the Penguins in the second episode. When you have spent 1 or 2 years in some of the harshest whether conditions on earth you are bound to form a bond with something you are filming. Humans are wiping out species at a alarming rate due to all sorts of reasons. I say good on em for giving the little blighters a chance.
Last edited by Deleted User 3289 on 21 Nov 2018, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Britain's Pompeii: A Village Lost in Time.

Still available on player.

Great watch, and hosted by the wonderful Professor Alice Roberts...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Loving that Dynasties with Richard Attenborough on the BBC. Especially loved the first one about David the Chimpanzee. I was willing him on after he was attacked and left for dead by a few of the rival males.

Personally i say good on the crew for rescuing the Penguins in the second episode. When you have spent 1 or 2 years in some of the harshest whether conditions on earth you are bound to form a bond with something you are filming. Humans are wiping out species at a alarming rate due to all sorts of reasons. I say good on em for giving the little blighters a chance.
Dickie was the actor, Vid. He died 4 years ago. It's his brother, David, who talks to the animals.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:Britain's Pompeii: A Village Lost in Time.

Still available on player.

Great watch, and hosted by the wonderful Professor Alice Roberts...
Even if I had no interest in history I'd watch it just for Alice :thumbup: A fine example of an intelligent woman who just happens to be easy on the eye.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Still ploughing our way through Criminal Minds next one series 4.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Watched Louis Theroux's Altered States on polyamory last night, but boy was it tough work.
The first ten to fifteen minutes I was hovering over the off button because they all had that same glazed look as born-again Christians : slightly superior, slightly off-kilter as a human being and very, very deliberate in every word and action.

I'd rather never be intimate with anyone again that go through what that poor husband, Larry, has experienced.

Really, really weird TV .. even for Theroux ! :wtf:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Struggling to find anything good to watch at the moment.

I am saving the Doctor Whos so I can eke them out. Waited decades for a female Doctor - Savouring every second!

Last good thing I watched was Killing Eve!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Worked our way through The Informer this week, very good it was too.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We're also watching some of the original Silent Witness with Amanda Burton really enjoying them.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Just found the new series of The Brokenwood Mysteries on, On Demand...Quirky, kind of like Midsomer Murders, from New Zealand...