Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Selby White »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just watched Million Pound Motor Home, wow how the other half live. Well worth a watch on catch up. There’s some worth £1:5 million with every mod con.
Mrs SW & myself talked recently of getting a small motorhome to travel around this country.
It was really due to covid and the doubt of when we can travel abroad to the many places on our bucket list.

Hence have been looking online and they are not cheap, you are talking upwards of £50k new for a basic model then when you start adding camp fees and various amounts of maintenance its a lot of money.
Sure we would possibly get 10 years+ use but you are still talking £6k+ per year and that is a lot of hotel rooms.

Think we would still consider if Covid means we will never fly again but we just don't know, we have a few long haul plans still to do so unless the lottery comes in its doubtful.

We have neighbours who have one and its basically been sat on their drive due to the current climate so just dead money, they love it normally and go Spain in it for 3 months each year plus a few shorter UK breaks, its their retirement life and can't knock it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Just watched Million Pound Motor Home, wow how the other half live. Well worth a watch on catch up. There’s some worth £1:5 million with every mod con.
Mrs SW & myself talked recently of getting a small motorhome to travel around this country.
It was really due to covid and the doubt of when we can travel abroad to the many places on our bucket list.

Hence have been looking online and they are not cheap, you are talking upwards of £50k new for a basic model then when you start adding camp fees and various amounts of maintenance its a lot of money.
Sure we would possibly get 10 years+ use but you are still talking £6k+ per year and that is a lot of hotel rooms.

Think we would still consider if Covid means we will never fly again but we just don't know, we have a few long haul plans still to do so unless the lottery comes in its doubtful.

We have neighbours who have one and its basically been sat on their drive due to the current climate so just dead money, they love it normally and go Spain in it for 3 months each year plus a few shorter UK breaks, its their retirement life and can't knock it.
My brother used to own a touring caravan and regularly upgraded it. Last one he has was amazing 6 berth all the mod cons. About 6 years ago he traded it in for a motorhome. Only took him two trips to decide to sell it. He explained to me, with a caravan you rock up, unhitch set up and then you have the car to go sight see, shop etc. The first time they had just got everything set up and discovered they had forgot to pack tea sugar etc and the small site shop was closed. They had to stow everything away and head off into town. Now I know you see homes with bicycles on the rear but my brother and his wife are not the cycle kind.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We’re rewatching Downton Abbey without doubt the best costume drama of all time.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Just watched the first ever episode of The Champions with the lovely Alexandra Bastedo.

Loved this series as a child.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Wigan White wrote:Just watched the first ever episode of The Champions with the lovely Alexandra Bastedo.

Loved this series as a child.
Loved that series too :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Started watching "Your Honor" starring Brian Cranston. First real show that has gripped me from episode one.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Watching Homeland on Netflix. Well worth a watch.
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Peter James who I’ve mentioned many times in the book thread is having his books turned into a television series. The brilliant John Simm is playing the lead role of Roy Grace . If the series is as good as the books we’re in for a treat.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Forum Notice

For the attention of all member. Please review the forum rules in the link below. There have been a few subtle but important additions to the forum rules which are intended to to keep the forum running in the friendly way we all want.

All future new members will be be required to confirm as having read these rules before they can continue to post.

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Peter James who I’ve mentioned many times in the book thread is having his books turned into a television series. The brilliant John Simm is playing the lead role of Roy Grace . If the series is as good as the books we’re in for a treat.
Well it was worth waiting for Simm as Grace grew into the part & did well. The actor who played DS Branson was ver6 good. One of the main characters was missing the irritating Norman Potting, no idea why as he’s a key character in the books. Not sure if this was a one off or if a series is planned.