Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Davycc »

Started The Terror last night got to episode three only because the reviews said the first 2 episodes were slow but I'd heard good reports and it starred Jared Harris of amongst many other things the fantastic Chernobyl . Boy is it turgid though.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rumours abound the Bradley Walsh is set to leave The Chase & to be replaced by Philip Schofield. That’ll be the end of my watching this programme if that’s the case.
Winner of the Europa League
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Rumours abound the Bradley Walsh is set to leave The Chase & to be replaced by Philip Schofield. That’ll be the end of my watching this programme if that’s the case.
Nooooooo. :thumbdown:
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Wigan White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Rumours abound the Bradley Walsh is set to leave The Chase & to be replaced by Philip Schofield. That’ll be the end of my watching this programme if that’s the case.
Nooooooo. :thumbdown:
Just found the article.

It's Paddy Power who have made him favourite if Bradley Walsh leaves. The story was in The Mirror.

Dermot O'Leary is 2nd favourite.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Peter James who I’ve mentioned many times in the book thread is having his books turned into a television series. The brilliant John Simm is playing the lead role of Roy Grace . If the series is as good as the books we’re in for a treat.
Well it was worth waiting for Simm as Grace grew into the part & did well. The actor who played DS Branson was ver6 good. One of the main characters was missing the irritating Norman Potting, no idea why as he’s a key character in the books. Not sure if this was a one off or if a series is planned.
I caught up with this yesterday. Watching a movie after reading the book is always a bit of a let down (for me it is!) but this was an OK effort. I have read all of Peter James's books and am a great fan. Always a page turner and of course there are a number of themes that carry on book after book.

In this TV edition a number of artistic licence changes have been made which I guess is inevitable. The annoying one in the TV series is Grace's boss Vosper. She is nothing like the character described in the books but that is neither here nor there. The actress in the TV show is unconvincing and miscast IMHO
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Currently watching Bosch on Amazon Prime not too bad.
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Currently watching Bosch on Amazon Prime not too bad.
Reckon I have read the full complement of Michael Connelly books featuring Harry Bosch.

Also I have watched the 6 seasons of the Bosch TV shows. They are a good watch with some excellent characters reflective of what is in the books. Very enjoyable.
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Finally got round to watching the Billy Monger documentary, what an inspirational young man he is.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Picked out and am thoroughly enjoying Goliath on Amazon Prime. This is an entertaining and gripping tale of a down-and-out lawyer as he seeks redemption. Seen 5 episodes of Season 1 and want to keep on watching a few episodes in one go but am resisting the urge......

There's a number of series too. Happy days :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
Lip5

Post by Lip5 »

Busy buying furniture and decoration recently, no time to watch TV.
Moderator Message:
Nice try bud but no cigar
- Davycc