Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Davycc »

Just watched "Big Beasts: Last Of The Giants" a 3 part series on the giants of the animal world. Reason I mention it is it's presented by a fella called Patrick Aryee who for me is the next best natural world presenter after Attenborough.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Youngest daughter has recommended Bosch a crime drama set in LA, anyone seen it ?
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Youngest daughter has recommended Bosch a crime drama set in LA, anyone seen it ?
Nope haven't heard of it sorry.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Greenland

New big budget disaster movie from Prime, starring Gerard Butler and Morena Baccarin. Mark Kermode raved about it on the film show on Radio 4 last Friday afternoon and said he'd watched it three times just to be sure it was that good.

Most disaster movies are awful with too much CGI and too many hammy performances from wizened old "stars" - this one has none of that and focuses on the tension and those moments when you question what you'd do yourself if you were in the same situation.
It's nothing groundbreaking and if you like dramatic blockbusters then you will have seen a lot of this before, but it does bring it all together flawlessly and is the perfect popcorn flick for a pandemic audience.
We really enjoyed it :)

Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Watched Ms Baccarin years ago in "V" Good enough reason for me to watch :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote:Watched Ms Baccarin years ago in "V" Good enough reason for me to watch :thumbup:
I first saw her in Firefly.
I wish she'd be allowed to do something other than just "be the wife".
She showed in that scifi show that she could play something with a bit more range, but all she ever seems to do is be the victim or support the brave leading man.
Imagine her in a gritty British drama as a double-agent or something like that ? She'd be great :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Watched Inside Man last night starring Clive Owen, Denzel Washington & Jodie Foster it was like we’ve had enough now cut the story short. Very disappointed
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Our movie of choice tonight is Inheritance starring Simon Pegg.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:Watched Ms Baccarin years ago in "V" Good enough reason for me to watch :thumbup:
I first saw her in Firefly.
I wish she'd be allowed to do something other than just "be the wife".
She showed in that scifi show that she could play something with a bit more range, but all she ever seems to do is be the victim or support the brave leading man.
Imagine her in a gritty British drama as a double-agent or something like that ? She'd be great :)
She's really good in Deadpool. Not in Deadpool 2 quite enough. I absolutely love those films - seriously, seriously funny.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just watched Million Pound Motor Home, wow how the other half live. Well worth a watch on catch up. There’s some worth £1:5 million with every mod con.