Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As an Amazon & Netflix Virgin series recommendations please. Enjoyed Lost for instance.

Cheers
Watched the first two episodes of The Crown last night. Claire Foy played Elizabeth & Matt Smith ( Dr Who ) was Phil the Greek.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As an Amazon & Netflix Virgin series recommendations please. Enjoyed Lost for instance.

Cheers
Really enjoyed Bloodline on Netfix. iThe series explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community, but their past contains dark secrets that they hope remain buried. Slowly the family start to fall apart.

Stars Sissy Spacek and Ben Mendelsohn.

Also massive on Netflix and Tracey loved it was "Money Heist" I couldn't get past the dubbing (it's originally in Spanish I believe)
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Davycc wrote:

Cheers
Really enjoyed Bloodline on Netfix. iThe series explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community, but their past contains dark secrets that they hope remain buried. Slowly the family start to fall apart.

Also massive on Netflix and Tracey loved it was "Money Heist" I couldn't get past the dubbing (it's originally in Spanish I believe)
Cheers will look at these.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Cheers
Watched the first two episodes of The Crown last night. Claire Foy played Elizabeth & Matt Smith ( Dr Who ) was Phil the Greek.
Finished episode 7 last night & we’re really enjoying this series. Churchill ( John Lithgow) comes over as a clever but manipulative character. Edward V111 & Mrs Simpson appears to be a forerunner to Harry & Megan Markle. The Queen Mother was certainly not the nice old lady I thought she was. Also hadn’t realised a killer. smog had over 2000 deaths in 1952.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Davycc wrote: Really enjoyed Bloodline on Netfix. iThe series explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community, but their past contains dark secrets that they hope remain buried. Slowly the family start to fall apart.

Thanks am going to look at that :thumbup:
MrSimeon
Giddy Kipper

Post by MrSimeon »

Ohhh, thanks for recommending. I've been into crime based series and I think I have already seen the one you are talking about. Yup, The Sopranos, The Wire, and Boardwalk Empire are nice. Did have a fun time watching it. Well, aside from television series, been also watching series on Netflix. Did not expect that they also have a lot of crime television... well some are really dark... even if it is a crime based series. Also been planning to watch some series on HBO. I think they also have a lot of underrated good shows that need to be in the spotlight.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Still watching The Crown currently on series 2 episode 7. Great piece of social history, how much is factual is up for debate. Will definitely watch to the end.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Still watching The Crown currently on series 2 episode 7. Great piece of social history, how much is factual is up for debate. Will definitely watch to the end.
Just started this 2 weeks ago. Onto season 3, episode 3 tonight. Very well made.

As a stereotypical Irishman, I know very little about the monarchy, but I'm Googling like hell throughout :D. Really enjoying it.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sat watching The Crown last night & the episode covered Aberfan about half an hour in we looked at each other both crying like babies. Powerful stuff indeed. Anyone that’s thinking of watching this do it’s brilliant
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Saw that last night. Tough watch.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay