Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Jeanna and I watched The Sinner on Netflix today on the recommendation of a friend.
In a nutshell it's a dark drama about a woman who kills someone .. but it's never as simple as that, is it ?

We're four episodes in and it's very complex with lots of depth in the characterisation and some superb performances, most notably from Bill Pullman as the lead investigator who has a few closets worth of skeletons himself.
It's produced by Jessica Biel and she's also the lead actress and so far it looks, feels and is very good indeed.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Abused by my Girlfriend. On the BBC

Compelling viewing for all the wrong reasons. Young kid Alex (happens to be a Leeds fan) meets a wolf in sheep's clothing.
Deleted User 3289

Out of their skin. ITV Documentary by Ian Wright about the rise of some Black footballers through the years. It did have me scratching my head why Ashley Cole gets such a rough deal after such a great England career. Raheem Sterling seems to be the new fall guy for some sections of the media and fans.
Deleted User 728

Cole encapsulated the Golden Generation and the gulf between them and us. People argued that all that money made them more mercenary than any players who came before them and that meant they didn't care enough. He did come across as a monumental bellend. Hello spreads don't help, nor do wags on walkabout in Baden Baden, but it was the 'nearly came off the road' comment on hearing of the failed Arsenal contract offer that really did for him I think.
Deleted User 728

I'd still pick Pearce, Sansom or Cohen ahead of him in an all-time England team even though I know he was (probably) a better player.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Have just finished Shetland latest series on iPlayer over last 2 nights.
Really enjoyed it, great gritty drama & love Douglas Henshall a great actor.
Deleted User 3289

rigger wrote:I'd still pick Pearce, Sansom or Cohen ahead of him in an all-time England team even though I know he was (probably) a better player.
Cole all the way for me. I agree he made some decisions in life that he probably wishes he hadn't. Who hasn't? There is no doubting his talent in regards to honors won with club. Before watching the docu i hadn't a clue that he had 107 caps for England, but then again that particular generation is when i started to switch of from England. Like you say the money was starting to get silly and the lack of cohesion in the England team was palpable.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

PockWhite wrote:Have just finished Shetland latest series on iPlayer over last 2 nights.
Agreed it was very good I also agree about Henshall. We’re also watching Baptitse with the wonderful Tom Hollander in it.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Have just finished Shetland latest series on iPlayer over last 2 nights.
Agreed it was very good I also agree about Henshall. We’re also watching Baptitse with the wonderful Tom Hollander in it.
Likewise CW, we watched 1st 2 episodes of Baptiste last night on iPlayer, really good start. Pretty gruesome but looks a good storyline and yes some great acting aswell. :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

LINE OF DUTY

BBC 1 SUNDAY 9.00

NOT TO BE MISSED!