Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Davycc »

Netflix- Designated Survivor with a rather older looking Kiefer Sutherland, really good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Vicky McClure (Paula in 'The Replacement' recently and 'Line of Duty') at Notts County yesterday with her granddad!

Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

A new series of Peter Kay's Car Share started last night on BBC. Brilliant. Very funny and 'nice'.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet I'd strongly suggest watching the first series on demand to get the gist of the two main characters.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Agreed.

Great show .. and I absolutely love the female lead. She is a knockout :)
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Anybody else think that the Vicar in Broadchurch strikes a likeness to our own Garry Monk.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

I've just watched episode 1, series 3 of Fargo. As wonderfully bizarre as before with great, great music. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:I've just watched episode 1, series 3 of Fargo. As wonderfully bizarre as before with great, great music. :D
Cheers for the reminder :thumbup:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just finished watching the Three Girls on the BBC.

Very emotive fact based docu-drama about the paedophile Asian grooming gang in Rochdale.

Stella cast all acted brilliantly especially the 3 young girls who I thought were fantastic.

Credit to the sexual health worker at the time Sara Rowbothem who, without her dogged determination and astute evidence gathering the cases may never have been to court, never mind in leading to long convictions for the perpetrators. She, along with all the abused girls, were failed by the local GMP police & CPS in the most despicable manner.

Factions like the BNP & EDL were raising these grooming issues along time before the media were willing to believe these allegations. At least they were showing concern when the institutions that should have been protecting these kids were too busy it seems, ridiculing them as white working class trash.

Incidents like this, make me aware of my conscience more than ever, and what it must be like to live with the guilty feeling of letting down so many venerable young girls when it could of been stopped so much earlier. Shame on you!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just watched The Real Full Monty on ITV. It made me smile in places as it struck a chord or two. Light entertainment and enjoyable.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Channel hopping yesterday we came across Flog It. One of things brought in for valuation was some African tribal art. The expert Micheal Baggott inspected said items & put a valuation of £200-400 on them & believed with a fair wind they'd achieve mid estimate. The auction comes around & the auctioneer says there is some interest on the internet & 2 phones are booked. The items a little slowly reach £1000, then it really kicks off & much to the astonishment of everyone they eventually sell for £30000. One of the items was a very rare Aboriginal shield & some keen eyed curate in a museum saw it & the museum now owns that shield. Truly fantastic television in my opinion.

Winner of the Europa League