Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Davycc »

I know it's a bit old now but just re-watching the first series of True Detective with Woody Harrlson and Matthew McConaughey excellent TV one of a few shows I actually enjoy watching twice.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just watched Birds of Paradise, The Ultimate Quest fabulous television. Will admit to already on episode 1 having tears in my eyes.
Watched the concluding part last night and felt a bit disappointed in the end. Stunning birds though, felt the disabled journalist had a bit of an attitude problem, but the explorer was excellent.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watched Best Marigold with Dennis Taylor, Miriam Stobbard, Bill Oddie, Rusty Lee, Paul Nicholas, Lionel Blair, Amanda Barry & Shiela Fergusson personally thought it was absolutely quality TV.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Davycc wrote:I know it's a bit old now but just re-watching the first series of True Detective with Woody Harrlson and Matthew McConaughey excellent TV one of a few shows I actually enjoy watching twice.
How good was that first series. Like all good drama's I bet you pick more stuff up second time around. Will give it another blast myself at some point.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Davycc wrote:I know it's a bit old now but just re-watching the first series of True Detective with Woody Harrlson and Matthew McConaughey excellent TV one of a few shows I actually enjoy watching twice.
How good was that first series. Like all good drama's I bet you pick more stuff up second time around. Will give it another blast myself at some point.
Yes indeed VHTM the acting from everyone was superb but especially McConaughey and Harrelson. Pity the second series wasn't as good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Caught up with Prime Suspect 1973 last night has real potential in my opinion.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Watched the first episode of the new Broadchurch yesterday & I found it mind numbingly slow. If anyone's watched the second episode does it get any better ?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Just finished watching Mutiny, retracing Cpt Bligh's epic 4000 mile journey in a small boat. Amazing feat.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Davycc wrote:Just finished watching Mutiny, retracing Cpt Bligh's epic 4000 mile journey in a small boat. Amazing feat.
Enjoyed that myself Davy. What a journey Bligh & his crew had to make. Never seen so many men get excited at the passing of wind. As you say epic!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

New Top Gear : genuinely a decent show.
The chemistry is coming ..

I'm enjoying it without the usual guff .. especially on the day we divorce Europe.