Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Worth watching on telly

Post by dangermouse »

I've just noticed On Chanel 5 they are now showing episode 1 of love/hate. Don't be put off by Chanel 5, this is a critically acclaimed crime based series from Ireland. It's hugely popular and easily the most talked about TV show in Ireland last few years. If you like the likes of The Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire etc and Nordic Noir as I do then this is for you. I thought it was just ok to begin with but it gets better as it goes on and soon I was hooked!
So for anyone hasnt seen it, do yourself a favour and switch over to Chanel 5+1 at 11pm and watch or record!
Deleted User 728

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Funny you should say that - I read something about it today in The Guardian and they were saying pretty much the same thing.

How about Luther ? Did you watch that ? I love that show and will watch anything with Idris Elba in it. Same with Sherlock and Cumberbatch.
Think they're both cracking actors - I'm looking forward to his movie about Assange because I really didn't pay much attention to the story when it was all over the news but I know I'll get into the movie if he's playing the lead.
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Yeah, I have watched all the Luther series right up to last night. I'm a big fan of idris Elba too, right back to his The Wire days. I think luther is a little far fetched at times but i do love it and it is great viewing. I see he is playing nelson Mandela in the film of his life which is out soon and is tipped for oscars. He's also been tipped for the next James bond!
I like Cumberbatch also. His sherlock's were good but I haven't seen him in anything else yet. I'll definitely go see that Julian Assange film of his.
You sound like you have quite similar tastes to me Rigger, so be sure to watch Love/Hate!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Just started watching Ray Donovan, he's a fixer of problems for the rich in Hollywood, with John Voigt, I have enjoyed the first two episodes. The Sopranos was fantastic, shame about the late great James Gondolfino. RIP. Dexter, the serial killing cop, who kills serial killers, just brilliant. The Borgias, killing, plotting and loads of sha##ing, great acting. Last but not least, just finished watching Spartacus, gruesome action packed, killing, drinking and debauchery. I also love Corrie, lol.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

I've heard good reports about Ray Donovan. I've liked John voight for years and one of my favourite films is deliverance. Sopranos along with The Wire are my 2 favourite series of all time. I have seen some of the borgais and it was good also. Spartacus was great first series, but as it went on I think it wore a bit thin. Still plenty of eye candy though!
Never seen Dexter...and I watch Corrie too. Hayley drew a little tear from my missus this week! One other worth a mention is The Fall which was on BBC2 recently if you like your serial killers!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Watched all of Luther as well great so but as said stretches things a little too far at times. Am now on a Spartacus fest Series 3 all downloaded and am on episode 6.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We are watching Luther at the moment, haven't seen Tuesday nights episode yet. Best thing on TV by a distance in my opinion.
Winner of the Europa League
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Looking forward to series three of Luther becoming available over here, it's a good show.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watched this weeks Luther, Ruth Wilson what a very sexy lady she is.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just watched this weeks Luther, Ruth Wilson what a very sexy lady she is.
yeah agreed, can't say exactly what it is but she ooozes appeal :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders