Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:A bit like Midsomer Murders then. :D
Hmmm .. not sure ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Just binged the whole of The Alienist, a kind of weird thriller from Victorian New York.
Set in 1896, there's a serial killer stalking "boy whores", a whole subculture of cross-dressing male prostitutes that I never imagined would've been in business way back then.
The cast is excellent with Dakota Fanning in particular playing her part really well. It's all in the details though, with accents being peculiarly nuanced throughout : a German-American, lots of proper Oirish, as well as a sprinkling of Irish-American which you can hear is morphing into the familiarly harsh Noi Yoik we know today. The costumes and settings are beautifully realised too and the whole thing looks stunning, if a little vicious at times. There's plenty of blood and gore, so if you're not a fan of realistic dismemberment (who is ??) then I'd give it a swerve.

If you are a fan of steampunk, horror and period dramas then enjoy :)
Tracey has just started watching this on Netflix and is loving it so far. I've just finished a Netflix original "Lost In Space" a very VERY loose remake of the old Robinson family, remember them? Where the originals were the perfect family joined by the whiter than white Major Don West and the loathsome Dr Zachary Smith and of course the robot, this family has its issues and theres a twist to Don West and Dr Smith. Watchable but I keep comparing it to the original.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

I watched that too.
Found it a bit too cliffhangery if you know what I mean - disaster following disaster every single moment - but you're right, it was watchable.

The best bit was when the parents got out of the tar pit - that absolutely cracked me up and made me stick with it till the end of the season :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I liked the new lost in space remake and hope they make another season or 2, only letdown was Dr Smith (whose not really Dr Smith as she assumes his character) as nothing beats the original Jonathon Harris portrayal of him but did like how Billy Mumy (original Will Robinson) played Dr Smith who was killed off early in the show.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Before:

After:

Shame to see such a beautiful house go to ruin.

They get into some interesting places these lads.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

There's currently a Leeds fan from Halifax on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire he's on £8000 he's back on tonight.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Burma with Simon Reeve. All considering ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/progin ... imon-reeve
Deleted User 728

Binge-watching a show called The Leftovers from a couple of years ago.
It's from one of the creators of Lost and almost as abstractly baffling, but not quite.
Lots of the same motifs and red herrings, character types and enigmas to try to work out and a group of like-minded people who roughly equate to "the others".

I'm halfway through the first season and really enjoying it even though I don't know what the chuff is going on :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NatGeoWild on Sky Planet of the Birds amazing photography
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just read that a new series of Luther is going to hit our screens soon, excellent news.
Winner of the Europa League