Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Today’s movie is Escaping Dad from 2017.
What a dreadful movie it was one of those made for television had some much potential but failed deliver on so many ways.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Like Pointless as a quiz but Alexander and Richard are not my favourite hosts, often do quite well although appreciate these things are often a lot easier sitting relaxed at home.
Wanted to apply to go on but Mrs SW wasn't keen.

Hence have applied to go on the Chase but that is likely to be a disaster, ok at some subjects and know stupid trivia as back in the day run a Pub quiz. Too many holes in my knowledge so would need to get lucky I think.
Still waiting to hear so not holding my breath.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Image
Like Pointless as a quiz but Alexander and Richard are not my favourite hosts, often do quite well although appreciate these things are often a lot easier sitting relaxed at home.
Wanted to apply to go on but Mrs SW wasn't keen.

Hence have applied to go on the Chase but that is likely to be a disaster, ok at some subjects and know stupid trivia as back in the day run a Pub quiz. Too many holes in my knowledge so would need to get lucky I think.
Still waiting to hear so not holding my breath.
Was meant to do an audition for The Chase last year but work commitments stopped it. Was also meant to do The Weakest Link but had to miss that as well.... not meant to be on a quiz show me thinks.

P.S. Sisters from Co.Antrim did OK last night on The Wall, took home just over £89k
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We watched Von Ryan’s Express last night it’s that long since seen it it was like watching a new movie. Enjoyed it.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

I’ve just watched all 3 episodes of Micheal Palin Travels of a Lifetime. Enjoyed every minute of it. I reckon he has a cast iron stomach as he can eat literally anything. Highly recommend.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I’ve just watched all 3 episodes of Micheal Palin Travels of a Lifetime. Enjoyed every minute of it. I reckon he has a cast iron stomach as he can eat literally anything. Highly recommend.
I wish they would repeat the full series of Alan Whicker who as a young ‘un never thought it strange that he was stood in a jungle wearing a suit and shirt and tie :lol:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

The Comey Rule, really worth a watch and I would hazard a guess not created by Trump followers :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Watched another Michael Palin last night namely Sahara which we thoroughly enjoyed. He visited Timbuktu a place I’d love to visit just to say I’ve been.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Watched another Michael Palin last night namely Sahara which we thoroughly enjoyed. He visited Timbuktu a place I’d love to visit just to say I’ve been.
:thumbup:

Yes we watched it last night also, great to watch them and hard to imagine it was only 20 years ago and some of those places are no go areas now.

Watched the previous one also when it showed his previous great journey when he circled the Pacific .
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.