Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Frankie wrote:
This sounds like you are describing the 'audio description' which is for those that struggle with their sight.
You can usually switch this off on your programme information button..
On Virgin anyway.
Apparently this is new idea to make you feel all inclusive or such. Anyway we won’t be watching again.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:What irks me more is the need to remake the series anyway - the original was brilliant. Why not give the commission to a new idea from a new writer?
Missed this thread. Good point by rigger, too many remakes, particularly in films. I read about remakes being started when the original doesn't seem that long ago. Maybe its my age!
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:
This sounds like you are describing the 'audio description' which is for those that struggle with their sight.
You can usually switch this off on your programme information button..
On Virgin anyway.
Apparently this is new idea to make you feel all inclusive or such. Anyway we won’t be watching again.

Yep, it seems to be coming into broadcasts more and more....I just switch it off.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

First time in years I’m about to watch Match of the Day. Next stop kitchen, kettle on, Gold Blend, a little sugar & finally some milk. Now I’m sorted let’s see what they have to say about the Mighty Whites. :D
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Just watched it too. Had enough after the fulham arsenal game. Still gutted, but bright season ahead I think.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Jimmy Hill on holiday :roll:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We watched the Captain Tom interview with Piers Morgan ( not a personal favourite) & throughly enjoyed it. A remarkable gentleman.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Jimmy Hill on holiday :roll:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

While we were away this week, my mate recommended a new(ish) sitcom called The Other One and we watched the first episode.
I think it's on the iPlayer.
It's about the two daughters of a man who lived a double life with one family not knowing about the other and the two daughters never even knowing they existed let alone the wives knowing about each other or suspecting he might be having an affair.
Some familiar faces play parts - Rebecca Front and Neil Pearson - and it's one of those cringe-inducing but still laugh-out-loud sitcoms that actually work and are genuinely funny.

I'll definitely be watching the rest of the series :)
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I miss Colin Murray and the EFL show. :( :silent: