Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Davycc »

OK maybe not worth watching but thats one of our small Land and property Services (previously the old Ordnance Survey team) aircraft on BBC1 filmed at our Hangar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p060gn0x
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Watching a BBC doc with Zoe Ball about Mental Illness .... really thought provoking
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Watched the 3rd & final Ordeal by Innocence last. Totally different end to the book. Bill Nye is brilliant in it, possibly my favourite current star on the screen.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Watched the 3rd & final Ordeal by Innocence last. Totally different end to the book. Bill Nye is brilliant in it, possibly my favourite current star on the screen.
Interesting. I thought it was a great dramatisation and I like the ending, but how does it end in the book?
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I watched Marcella and enjoyed that, but I am yearning for some really top drama. Eagerly waiting for the next series of Line of Duty and Happy Valley.

If you enjoy something charming and light, check out a fab little drama on Channel 5 called Striking Out. Also recently watched Keeping Faith on the BBC OD - another little gem.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Frankie wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Watched the 3rd & final Ordeal by Innocence last. Totally different end to the book. Bill Nye is brilliant in it, possibly my favourite current star on the screen.
Interesting. I thought it was a great dramatisation and I like the ending, but how does it end in the book?
The housekeeper & son kill her.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just finished watching The Island with Bear Gryles really enjoyed it. Shame for the working class lad at the end having to leave. Lots of tenacity on show & plenty of ounces shred.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We are currently watching reruns of Waking the Dead. It was on that long ago I can't remember the story lines. I like Trevor Eve as an actor as well. Also we watched an old Coronation Street yesterday afternoon featuring Percy Shaw and Derek Wilton, classic TV.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Just binged the whole of The Alienist, a kind of weird thriller from Victorian New York.
Set in 1896, there's a serial killer stalking "boy whores", a whole subculture of cross-dressing male prostitutes that I never imagined would've been in business way back then.
The cast is excellent with Dakota Fanning in particular playing her part really well. It's all in the details though, with accents being peculiarly nuanced throughout : a German-American, lots of proper Oirish, as well as a sprinkling of Irish-American which you can hear is morphing into the familiarly harsh Noi Yoik we know today. The costumes and settings are beautifully realised too and the whole thing looks stunning, if a little vicious at times. There's plenty of blood and gore, so if you're not a fan of realistic dismemberment (who is ??) then I'd give it a swerve.

If you are a fan of steampunk, horror and period dramas then enjoy :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

A bit like Midsomer Murders then. :D
I once played against Don Revie.