Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just watching last nights New lives in the wild with Ben Fogle. Absolutely unbelievable stuff.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We watched Pride of Britain yesterday & it featured 2 remarkable young boys. One had a dreadful skin condition & obviously suffers a great deal with it. He's a WBA fan & despite his condition was very humourous & brought tears to your eyes. The other little lad did fund raising for Alderhay hospital in Liverpool, he was allowed to take a bucket round to the rest of the audience, sadly can't find anywhere to say how much he raised but allegedly Duncan Ballantyne pledged £10k according to someone on Twitter. It's a good watch if you haven't seen it.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I saw a clip on twitter of a young lad meeting David Beckham, the lads face when Beckham walked into the room was priceless :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Fantastic program even if you don't have a interest.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Totally agree.
I always loved the first series even though I don't like being in the water myself.

The Mariannas trench has fascinated me since I was a kid wondering what kind of freaky things must live down there.

You know that bit in the old series with the "hole" in the bottom of the sea bed where the heavy salty water was ?? All the fish buzzed across it, too scared - or too clever - to go in ? Well, this time round there was a similar place (maybe the same) with that eel having convulsions after going down there :o

You can't tell me there's not some great aquatic Jabba The Hut type creature living at the bottom of that particular abyss with his mouth open, lazily looking upwards all day long :D
Deleted User 3289

rigger wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Blue Planet 2. It turns out you don't have to travel to another planet to discover alien existence. Its all there under the water. Some of the weird and wonderful aquatics make Futurama look like Sunday school.

Totally agree.
I always loved the first series even though I don't like being in the water myself.

The Mariannas trench has fascinated me since I was a kid wondering what kind of freaky things must live down there.

You know that bit in the old series with the "hole" in the bottom of the sea bed where the heavy salty water was ?? All the fish buzzed across it, too scared - or too clever - to go in ? Well, this time round there was a similar place (maybe the same) with that eel having convulsions after going down there :o

You can't tell me there's not some great aquatic Jabba The Hut type creature living at the bottom of that particular abyss with his mouth open, lazily looking upwards all day long :D
If there was I can tell you it would have links to Russia. :)

My mind tells me that I would love to deep sea dive. Although when I have snorkelled on the odd occasion, the moment I dare to look out into the deep blue ocean, I can't get the sight of a great white shark's teeth heading my way. Those bloody demons again... :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Don't normally like adverts on TV but the Christmas Waitrose is very clever set at Tan Hill Inn set in the Yorkshire Dales.
Deleted User 3289

I thought this was magical the other day on the Blue Planet 2. Just before it did this below it got caught by the same type of Shark, but the Octopus wrapped its Tentacles around the Sharks gills and stopped it breathing so it could escape. Another example of intelligence over brawn! :thumbup:

ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

We watched Maigret last night played very well by Rowan Atkinson, highly recommend.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Used to love watching Through the Keyhole but it's now wasted with Keith Lemon hosting it. What an obnoxious individual he is, spoilt a perfectly good TV show for me.