The Rugby League thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The Rugby League thread

Post by PockWhite »

Cas Tigers have sacked Zak Hardaker after his failed drug test.
What a shame/waste of talent.

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... drugs-test
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PockWhite wrote:Cas Tigers have sacked Zak Hardaker after his failed drug test.

He’s off to Wigan apparently.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Cas Tigers have sacked Zak Hardaker after his failed drug test.

He’s off to Wigan apparently.
Bloody hope not!!!!!!!

Good player, but bad attitude. Seems to have had a problem everywhere he's been.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That’s what I’ve heard Al, could be wrong of course, but seems like that’s the case. Officially, his ban has not been confirmed by the RFL, but that’s just a matter of time as it will probably be 2 years.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:That’s what I’ve heard Al, could be wrong of course, but seems like that’s the case. Officially, his ban has not been confirmed by the RFL, but that’s just a matter of time as it will probably be 2 years.
Heard the same rumour myself Kev. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson after Gareth Hock.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:That’s what I’ve heard Al, could be wrong of course, but seems like that’s the case. Officially, his ban has not been confirmed by the RFL, but that’s just a matter of time as it will probably be 2 years.
Heard the same rumour myself Kev. You'd have thought we'd have learned our lesson after Gareth Hock.
He’s an outstanding talent at full back, just a complete idiot off the pitch.

He hangs around with the wrong people this side of the Pennines, presumably moving over to the dark side will at least mean a fresh start Rugby wise and socially.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

He hangs around with the wrong people this side of the Pennines, presumably moving over to the dark side will at least mean a fresh start Rugby wise and socially.
I don't understand why we would sign a player with a history of problems and have to wait a couple of years before he can play. Especially when we have 2 quality full backs in Sam Tompkins and Morgan Escare.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

I don't understand why we would sign a player with a history of problems and have to wait a couple of years before he can play. Especially when we have 2 quality full backs in Sam Tompkins and Morgan Escare.
Me neither mate, and we’ve also thrown £150k down the toilet by getting rid of him.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Zak Hardaker signs for Wigan on a 4 year deal.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Zak Hardaker signs for Wigan on a 4 year deal.
I told you that on 21st February Al :D