The Rugby League thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The Rugby League thread

Post by birkybullufc »

Shame that Widnes couldn't get the comeback win. It's hard enough 12 playing 13 without having to pay against the officials too. It will be interesting to see how the new format works. Hopefully the Bulls can bounce back at first attempt.
Looking forward to the expanded World Club Challenge too.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Looking forward too seeing my South Sydney play St. Helens. We've lost some firepower in Sam burgess, Ben Teo, Lote Tuquiri and a suspension to A'avau. I see three super league clubs are coming down this time. Good idea, I hope they stick to it in the future
alfie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by alfie »

ben87 wrote:Looking forward too seeing my South Sydney play St. Helens. We've lost some firepower in Sam burgess, Ben Teo, Lote Tuquiri and a suspension to A'avau. I see three super league clubs are coming down this time. Good idea, I hope they stick to it in the future
WOW .. And didn't the Rabbitohs just stick it right up the a Stains.. What a cracking side they are... :thumbup:

I never give it a thought that The Stains would be nilled.. :clap:
BURNLEY ARE BIGGER THAN LEEDS
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NRL season kicks off next weekend with Souths taking on the Brisbane Broncos, no bets on this game due to the drug scandal which has rocked the game. The Gold Coast Titans are the main offenders with up to 5 players implicated and they expect more which might include the Broncos and that is why bets are suspended on the first game of the season.
My team the Manly Sea Eagles are playing the Parramatta Eels away in their first game, plenty of niggles between these 2 sides due to the battles they had back in the 70's/80's.
James Graham (Englishman) has been made captain of the Canterbury Bulldogs.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Wasn't James Graham captain of the Dogs last season too? I know he was captain in the final last season.
I was surprised to see Glenn Stewart playing for Souths against Saints. Always thought he was underrated. Very intelligent footballer. His brother Brett is a quality full back too. Will be strange not seeing them in the same team.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

birkybullufc wrote:Wasn't James Graham captain of the Dogs last season too? I know he was captain in the final last season.
I was surprised to see Glenn Stewart playing for Souths against Saints. Always thought he was underrated. Very intelligent footballer. His brother Brett is a quality full back too. Will be strange not seeing them in the same team.
Graham was captain in the final but that was due to Michael Ennis being injured or was he suspended? He's got the gig full time for this year, he got the Bulldogs to the grand final last season.
Big mistake by Manly to let Glenn Stewart go, the board at the time (members have changed lately) made that decision and they will regret it, he missed most of last season injured and I think that was a small part of it. Brett Stewart for Manly is still one of the best and lately he seems to have a kicking game as well which he uses more in the past couple of seasons. He will be a main player for my team.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
alfie

Post by alfie »

All the Aussie games are being shown on premier again.. I preferred it when they showed all the highlights on sky a couple of years ago..

Hope the Dragons have a great season this year. :thumbup:
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Watched the opening game of NRL this morning and the Rabbitohs look even stronger than last season. Along with the half backs Stewart was a stand out player. If he stays fit he will really make them a more dynamic team.
Just watched Rhinos destroy Hull in the second half after being 12-0 down at half time. Despite being a Bulls fan I love watching Danny McGuire play when he is on his game.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

birkybullufc wrote: Just watched Rhinos destroy Hull in the second half after being 12-0 down at half time. Despite being a Bulls fan I love watching Danny McGuire play when he is on his game.
Cracking game, and what a comeback, whatever Brain McDermott said at half time certainly worked a treat.
alfie

Post by alfie »

Classy Cas hammering the Warriors 22-4 at the moment.. :thumbdown: