Post by Wigan White »

Mellor wrote: Terrific result tonight.
Not for some. :thumbdown: :shh: :o
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Rugby League thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Suddenly the Rhino's fans emerge from the doldrums after a good result :D :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Just thought I'd revive this thread to say well done to my rugby league team, the Wigan Warriors. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wigan White wrote:Just thought I'd revive this thread to say well done to my rugby league team, the Wigan Warriors. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Excellent game.

Appreciate the players are built like you know what, but when you see the knocks and hits they take to which they just get up and carry on, it really does put some of the footballers to shame.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Wigan White wrote:Just thought I'd revive this thread to say well done to my rugby league team, the Wigan Warriors. :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
Excellent game.

Appreciate the players are built like you know what, but when you see the knocks and hits they take to which they just get up and carry on, it really does put some of the footballers to shame.
Very true.

It's been said many times, but football is a game when players pretend to be injured and rugby league is a game where players pretend that they're not.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

When I played in the Yorkshire League in the late 1950's, before every game our coach used to say 'be like the boxers, if you get clogged and it hurts - smile and don't let them know they've hurt you.' Big girl's blouses even scream today. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Bradford Bulls liquidated :shock:
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

A sad day for Bulls fans. RFL released a statement that a new club from Bradford can start in the Championship with a 12 point penalty this season.
The debts amassed over the years just makes carrying on an impossible position. At least now, hopefully, the club can be reborn and have a stable footing. I envisage a move away from Odsal is in the cards.
If things can be sorted out quickly then at least we may be able to keep most of the players and coaching staff together.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

That is sad to hear but i certainly hope they can re-form a new team before this seasons comp starts.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Very Sad to hear about the bulls, They were an awesome side late nineties early 2000's. it can happen to anyone when things spiral out of control financially. Makes me look back at our own meltdown and how we are today. We got lucky in the regard to how much debts we had and we scraped through it somehow even if it has been painful. Sadly the Bulls didn't have that certain someone who could invest some time and money there to restructure the debts. Hope that Sports and club owners in particular have a rethink about the costs of owning a club and the financial burden that's upon them.