Miss Saigon
Les Miserables
Phantom

absolutely awesome
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Just great music.....

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:50 Years ago this song was released. Maybe it should have been played at every Sunday Church service then the people may have acted sooner? Wait, what do you mean some Religious corporations were in bed with the fossil fuel industry? Just when you think those institutions can't get any lower. (shakes head) Anyway greta, if its up to me your generation will get a free pass to the next level if things turn out as bad as you suggest. :angel:

I think certain religious institutions have a problem with fossils as they tend to date from before God created the world.

Back to the song. Love it. I knew of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and his roster of great guitarists (Clapton, Green, Taylor etc.) but didn't know about his Laurel Canyon era until a bit later. I bought a "Golden Hour of..." -type album, that had selections of the 3 or 4 albums around that time, about 30 years ago. When I got together with my wife-to-be the fact that she had these albums certainly helped. Unfortunately she turned out to be a complete nutter.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:50 Years ago this song was released. Maybe it should have been played at every Sunday Church service then the people may have acted sooner? Wait, what do you mean some Religious corporations were in bed with the fossil fuel industry? Just when you think those institutions can't get any lower. (shakes head) Anyway greta, if its up to me your generation will get a free pass to the next level if things turn out as bad as you suggest. :angel:

I think certain religious institutions have a problem with fossils as they tend to date from before God created the world.

Back to the song. Love it. I knew of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers and his roster of great guitarists (Clapton, Green, Taylor etc.) but didn't know about his Laurel Canyon era until a bit later. I bought a "Golden Hour of..." -type album, that had selections of the 3 or 4 albums around that time, about 30 years ago. When I got together with my wife-to-be the fact that she had these albums certainly helped. Unfortunately she turned out to be a complete nutter.
I like it. Sometimes i think our whole existence is a giant Fossil. In defence of your ex, sounds like she had better taste in music than she did in men. ;) :D
Deleted User 3289

Go on Tom what a voice. Has anyone got any knickers handy? :shifty:

Deleted User 3289

The names Jones, 000 bank balance aka the Cubic Zirconia man to most former partners. Its the thought that counts. :angel:

She nails this song for me Shirl.

Deleted User 3289

Its had over 224 Million views on Youtube. Its been played to death on the radio and Ronan Keating even had the audacity to cover the song. I'm sure its already been played on here somewhere. I went to watch them at the Manchester Apollo and they are a great live band. Anyway have you guessed it yet? Ofcourse you have.

arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

I have chosen a song called 'Boy from Leeds' by Leeds band Pink Peg Slax as my first contribution to this thread. The band were most active in the 1980's and had at least one session broadcast on John Peels show.

Last edited by arfa on 12 Mar 2020, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
arfa
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by arfa »

Almost as good as the original (and great to strum along to)

Deleted User 3289

A little bit of Love.... spreads.

kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:A little bit of Love.... spreads.

Now yer groovin' Vid :D . Luv the Roses :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay