The Book Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The Book Thread

Post by Deleted User 728 »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:
rigger wrote: Incidentally, I seem to read it in an internal Irish accent.
Does anyone else do that or is it just me ?
I do, but then again........ :P

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Just started to read 'Leeds United - A History' by Dave Tomlinson. Well researched, from 1951 its a trip down nostalgia lane, full of names I'd forgotten.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The things you find out. When I supported Everton after the war, there wasn't much money about for transfers and the first transfer I remember was Wales international, Aubrey Powell. What a big signing it was at the time. I had no idea where he came from until I read the book in the post above. He came from Leeds United!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You live and learn, John :)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

How things have changed John. A lad at work said to me today, he heard Leeds may go in for Delph again, I said no chance of that he will be on £150k at city. To which he replied don't be silly something thing was leaked about wages at City and some players are ONLY on £50k.... I just looked at him smiled and said you have no idea... :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:How things have changed John. A lad at work said to me today, he heard Leeds may go in for Delph again, I said no chance of that he will be on £150k at city. To which he replied don't be silly something thing was leaked about wages at City and some players are ONLY on £50k.... I just looked at him smiled and said you have no idea... :D
They have changed more than you know. My first job after I was demobbed from National Service was eight pounds per week. I can still remember my net pay after tax and national insurance - five pounds, nineteen shillings and seven pence. Mind you, there were some who said I was overpaid even then. :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:How things have changed John. A lad at work said to me today, he heard Leeds may go in for Delph again, I said no chance of that he will be on £150k at city. To which he replied don't be silly something thing was leaked about wages at City and some players are ONLY on £50k.... I just looked at him smiled and said you have no idea... :D
Does make you wonder how they manage :crazy:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Yesterday my wife did nothing apart from reading a book by new author Daniel Cole called Ragdoll so I thought I'll give it a go. Apparently it was written to become a TV drama but didn't get accepted.
Winner of the Europa League