LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Book Thread

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Great news! Are you writing a book about it? :P
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:I've just read the chapter regarding the Everton friendly, completely forgot about seeing you in that body fit top :D.
What goes on in the Club shop should stay in the club shop!
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Wigan White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:What was the postage charge Kev?
I'm sure I heard Kev say that all postage would be charged to the author. :o :D

You naughty man!!!!! How you doing anyway WW?
I'm good at the moment thanks. As people on the forum know I was out of work last year and started an 18 months fixed term contract job in January. Well I've just been notified that the position has been made permanent. This obviously means a bit more financial stability so I'll be renewing my membership for the coming season and attending a few games. Unfortunately for you this means you'll have to put up with me in the pavilion for a pre match beverage or two. On another note I'll be able to attend the away game at Wigan again. Lets hope it clashes with the Wigan Beer Festival again.
Great stuff WW! Pleased for you matey.Look forward to sharing a few bevvies!
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

I'm good at the moment thanks. As people on the forum know I was out of work last year and started an 18 months fixed term contract job in January. Well I've just been notified that the position has been made permanent. This obviously means a bit more financial stability so I'll be renewing my membership for the coming season and attending a few games. Unfortunately for you this means you'll have to put up with me in the pavilion for a pre match beverage or two. On another note I'll be able to attend the away game at Wigan again. Lets hope it clashes with the Wigan Beer Festival again.
Great stuff WW! Pleased for you matey.Look forward to sharing a few bevvies!
Good news WW :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I've just read the chapter regarding the Everton friendly, completely forgot about seeing you in that body fit top :D.
Yikes, just read my post again :oops:.

For clarification, I was walking around the packed club shop with my son, when we Dave who was trying on the yellow body fit top.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

For clarification, I was walking around the packed club shop with my son, when we Dave who was trying on the yellow body fit top.
Dear God......That would be a sight to make your eyes bleed. :o
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Wigan White wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:

WW really pleased for you, glad it worked out. My son is in the same situation. He was made redundant in January and is working on a temporary contract which keeps getting extended. He is hoping that it turns to permanent.
I once played against Don Revie.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

Getting the bloody thing off again made my eyes bleed!!!!!!
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

dlw10 wrote:
Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

Getting the bloody thing off again made my eyes bleed!!!!!!
:clap: :lol:
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

The holidays often means you'll read books you wouldn't normally pick up. I hadn't seen the film The Martian, so I read the book by Andy Weir and it was excellent.

Like me, if you haven't seen the film, I would really recommend that you read the book first and then see the film, which is what I did. The film is really good but nowhere near as good as the book. They also left out quite a bit in the film, which surprised me. I'm not mad into chemistry and science so I just let a lot of that detail pass over me, but it is really worth staying with it for a quality story.