BT Yahoo email problems

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 130

BT Yahoo email problems

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Hi - my email doesn't seem to upload properly in this last week. I can read the emails in my Inbox okay, but I can't reply to them or move them to folders etc. I don't even seem able to open other folders now either.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it please? BT Help is no help and I suspect that BT have 'disowned' Yahoo email. Anyone on here use any email service that they'd recommend (I can't stand Outlook Express)?

Any advice gratefully acknowledged, this problem is a bigger pain than I originally thought. Weird thing is, it's only on this laptop, I have a desk pc at my girlfriend's and the email works as normal on that compoota.
Deleted User 728

Re: BT Yahoo email problems

Post by Deleted User 728 »

First thing I do with anything like this is to try a different browser.

I use Chrome most of the time but will switch to Firefox or IE to test out anything odd as they all have their little quirks and foibles.

Do that before doing anything else and see what happens ...
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Here are the areas of problems with BT at the moment.

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/serv ... a_id/21308
Deleted User 130

rigger wrote:First thing I do with anything like this is to try a different browser.

I use Chrome most of the time but will switch to Firefox or IE to test out anything odd as they all have their little quirks and foibles.

Do that before doing anything else and see what happens ...
thanks, good avice. I normally use Firefox and so I'm now on IE and the problem isn't there on my email now. Very odd!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Try downloading the latest version of Firefox and starting over with it - it'll save all your bookmarks, etc, so you won't lose anything.
I would imagine that would fix it and allow you to carry on as normal :D
Deleted User 130

Thanks again... daft question, how do I know if my current version of Firefox ISN'T the latest?
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Thanks again... daft question, how do I know if my current version of Firefox ISN'T the latest?
Click on "Help" at the top next to tools and then click on "About Firefox"
Deleted User 130

Thanks again.