Video Jukebox! LUFC

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Video Jukebox! LUFC

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Have seen James a number of times and are always great live, will forever be known for `Sit Down` which they rarely play live now owing to them being bored with it, your right Mellor, Sometimes is special, we saw them earlier this year in Bournemouth and that was the highlight.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

They played 'Sit Down' as second song. Booth reckoned following Primal Scream was a tough job so they needed to do something to engage the crowd. Head, shoulders and torso above Scream which really surprised me. Very impressed.

James in Bournemouth would be every nice. We Mellors love Bournemouth and the surrounds. Lovely county.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Memphis soul, from a wonderful album

When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Cracking that Sniffer not heard that one. It did indeed have me grooving! When they get it right PSB they are very good.

Sound like you had a good gig Mellor. :thumbup: Love the line "Sometimes, when I look deep in your eyes, I swear I can see your soul"

Here's a couple of old school dance tracks for a happy Saturday nite

Deleted User 3289

Rigger are you saving up to go on holiday? Get some 50p's in you tight sod :D I enjoy your advent-Garde stuff :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sorry, mate.
Been busy lately and I've got a new girlfriend so I haven't been posting as much.
Still watching what you lot are doing though :)

As for the earlier "Why don't you get folk ?" question .. I do, but I get American folk, not the British variety.
My favourite style is alt country : Lyle Lovett, kd lang, Alison Krauss, Tift Merritt, Asleep At The Wheel.

Okay.
I've actually been really up to my eyes in gigs this past couple of weeks.
Last night, I took the lady to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra perform at Winchester Cathedral.
It was an evening with a tenor and they played this little lot :
DEBUSSY
Prelude a L'Apres midi d'un faune
BERLIOZ
Le spectre de la rose, from Nuits d'ete
BRITTEN
Serenade for Tenor, Horn & Strings
VAUGHAN WILLIAMS
On Wenlock Edge
ELGAR
In the South

Some of the singing got a bit monotonous but we loved the orchestral pieces (Deb, VW and Elgar).

I've also seen some live jazz in town - the Southampton Modern Jazz Society - and been to a couple of album/EP launches for local bands, the best of which are called Temples Of Youth.
They're incredible.
I love their sound.

That's not one of their best tracks, though. Check out Churches on their soundcloud page : https://soundcloud.com/templesofyouth

Honestly, I've not been as excited about a local band in ... forever.
It's just a duo.
Sequencer, drum machine, synthy stuff, then the guy plays electric guitar (rather sparely) and the girl sings with THAT VOICE and plays percussion live.

LISTEN TO CHURCHES !!!

It's amazing.
They've only got about half a dozen songs at the moment but I've told them to get in touch with a couple of people in London in the hope that they can get some gigs at venues I know there.
They need to be heard.

This could be one of those KT Tunstall moments if they could only get a break on Later or something ..

That'll do for now ..
Deleted User 3289

So that's where you've been Rigger :thumbup: I will let you off then. :D

The acoustics in the Cathedral must of been fantastic? The sound really does bounce around in them places.

I share your enthusiasm about Temples Of Youth enjoyed both songs, I hope they get the break they need in a ever increasing Bubble-gum pop market.

Love this remix

Deleted User 3289

Couple of toones before I go to bed with my tail between my legs.

Been listening to this German outfit: Seeed

Mr James Taylor

Fire and Rain
Deleted User 3289

Heard a few good tracks today so it's a Foursome.

The first is Roxy Music from the fabulous album Flesh & Blood

The second song is quite comical by The Bollock Brothers "I bet they were swingers?"

George Baker - Little Green Bag

And last the marvellous Fleetwood Mac with Sara from the album Tusk

Goodnight & Godbless
Deleted User 3289