Christmas Quiz

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Christmas Quiz

Post by Davycc »

Ok peeps I'll get on to it.

Have to agree with Selby White near impossible to find questions with no answers on Google, only one I got was what colour are the boxers I'm wearing this month? So will have to rely on good honest contestant.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

We need a free online survey with a TIME LIMIT built in - max 20 or 30 seconds per question.
THAT would eliminate googling .. or at least, reduce it.
Deleted User 728

http://help.surveymonkey.com/articles/e ... -and-Times

We use Survey Monkey at the students union, where I work.
There's no way of setting a timer on it unfortunately, but you can check time stamps, ie analyse how long it takes people to complete the quiz. We could set a time limit of, say, 8 minutes for a twenty question quiz and eliminate any responses outside that time.
So long as we warn people up front and tell them why we're doing it, I think that's fair.

I just checked out half a dozen survey sites online and the only way I could see of installing a timer on a quiz is to pay for it - the free versions generally don't include one, I'm afraid.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

I was thinking along those lines as well. thought I'd post the questions at a set time and close the quiz after a certain amount of time had passed. If draw draw 1st posted answers win if a tie after that then draw from a hat.

Just a thought for starters
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:I was thinking along those lines as well. thought I'd post the questions at a set time and close the quiz after a certain amount of time had passed. If draw draw 1st posted answers win if a tie after that then draw from a hat.

No mate, I think you misunderstood.

Set the quiz up any time, but use an online survey to create it.
Then instruct anyone taking part that they have a set time limit to answer all the questions and warn them it works out at about 20 seconds each question, and that anyone taking longer than X to finish will be disqualified, where X = [(# of Qs) x (20 seconds)].

So long as we explain why, I think it'll be fine ...
If you only allow people to enter at a certain time on a certain day you'll limit how many people can do it purely because we have lives :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote:I was thinking along those lines as well. thought I'd post the questions at a set time and close the quiz after a certain amount of time had passed. If draw draw 1st posted answers win if a tie after that then draw from a hat.

No mate, I think you misunderstood.

Set the quiz up any time, but use an online survey to create it.
Then instruct anyone taking part that they have a set time limit to answer all the questions and warn them it works out at about 20 seconds each question, and that anyone taking longer than X to finish will be disqualified, where X = [(# of Qs) x (20 seconds)].

So long as we explain why, I think it'll be fine ...
If you only allow people to enter at a certain time on a certain day you'll limit how many people can do it purely because we have lives :D
You lucky bugger
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:We need a free online survey with a TIME LIMIT built in - max 20 or 30 seconds per question.
THAT would eliminate googling .. or at least, reduce it.
I'd answered this one then saw your next, sounds good. I'll look into that, I guess I need to sign up for an account I believe SM is free anyway?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:You lucky bugger
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

I'd love to participate!
I'm young though so might have a little disadvantage...
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sorry guys, due to unforeseen events I didn't get a chance to look at this.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders