Football Manager 2016

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Football Manager 2016

Post by Fernandopartridge »

I know there are a few other FM lovers on here so I thought I would start a thread.

Has anyone else got it yet? I did, started a career as my beloved Leeds, but by late-October, the club had been taken over and I got sacked due to the new manager wanting to bring in his own staff. :eh: Has anyone else encountered this?! Even the fantasy life of a Leeds fan is a wash with misery! (Erwin is quality on the game for anyone foolish enough to start with us).
Deleted User 728

Re: Football Manager 2016

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Fernandopartridge wrote:I know there are a few other FM lovers on here so I thought I would start a thread.

Has anyone else got it yet? I did, started a career as my beloved Leeds, but by late-October, the club had been taken over and I got sacked due to the new manager wanting to bring in his own staff. :eh: Has anyone else encountered this?! Even the fantasy life of a Leeds fan is a wash with misery! (Erwin is quality on the game for anyone foolish enough to start with us).
Do you mean the new owner ??

I got it yesterday and spent about five hours playing it 8-)

I'm still in pre-season because I tend to take a while sifting through the squad, sorting out the training, evaluating the staff, scouting new talent on and off the pitch, creating tactics, etc.

I've played four or five friendlies and won them all except the latest against Port Vale (or someone from League 1) which I lost.

I've got some massive injuries already, which I'm not happy about !
Sloth, Bellusci and Wood are all out for between two and eight weeks :shock:

I agree about Erwin - quality on both flanks and up top - but then I think the entire squad is VERY generously rated.
Given the position we're in, I'm stunned that pretty much my entire first choice team is 4-star quality in every position.
That seems ridiculous to me.

I've sold Bianchi and Doukara, plus two or three of the kids in the reserves to generate much needed funds and signed three new players : a promising Moroccan AMC, an ageing but quality Italian DL and an Italian DM/MC because I don't think Adeyemi looks all that.
Cook is the best player so far, though Byram is also excellent and regarded as our strongest talent by the staff.

I hope the takeover thing doesn't turf me out too - I won't be happy !

The only thing to do then is to start a new game and let it run till the takeover is complete then install yourself in the job.
I'm not sure that's possible though.
Can you start unemployed then put yourself in ??
I would've thought you'd need to go through the whole interview process ..?

Anyway .. let's keep ourselves posted, eh ?
Good luck !
:thumbup:
Fernandopartridge

I have started again, if it happens agains I am going to create another user in the same image, retire my previous user and take over with the new owner (which I meant not manager) in place.

I have sold Bianchi, Doukara and Wootton, for unrealisticly large fees, and brought in Khalid Boulahrouz and Eboue so far.

The ratings are far from realistic I agree, but I won't complain, unless I get sacked again!

Good luck, and goodbye weekend!
The Young Bremner
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by The Young Bremner »

Won the championship first season with exactly 100 points, second season in Prem and finished 7th, bought two scouts with 20 scouting ability, and signed an unknown Brazilian CAM for 95k now worth 15m after 1 season, also Jordan Mutch for 5M, Lewis cook is already playing for England with two caps.

Started 3rd season with a new chairman and have an 85M transfer budget!

Will post screenshots later.

Rigger the takeover will never sack you even though every time it says they may bring a new manager in so just stick with it :)
Deleted User 728

The Young Bremner wrote: Rigger the takeover will never sack you even though every time it says they may bring a new manager in so just stick with it :)
I bloody hope so because I've dropped out of the play-off zone and am currently 9th with four games left.
Had a strong mid-season, but then LOADS AND LOADS OF INJURIES !!!
The worst run I've ever known .. jeeeez.
At one point, six first teamers were out - Taylor, Cook, Mowatt, Dallas, Antenucci and Murphy :shock:

I think it's too late to squeeze in now, even if we win all four ..
Fernandopartridge

The Young Bremner wrote:Won the championship first season with exactly 100 points, second season in Prem and finished 7th, bought two scouts with 20 scouting ability, and signed an unknown Brazilian CAM for 95k now worth 15m after 1 season, also Jordan Mutch for 5M, Lewis cook is already playing for England with two caps.

Started 3rd season with a new chairman and have an 85M transfer budget!

Will post screenshots later.

Rigger the takeover will never sack you even though every time it says they may bring a new manager in so just stick with it :)
It has happened to me twice now within my first season!! :x The first time I was sat 6th in November, the second time I was top by 5 points in January!! I am having no luck and daren't start another incase it results in my laptop doubling up as a frisbee!
Deleted User 728

They did call me to a meeting - the new owners, I mean - and asked me to explain the poor run of form between them buying the club and Christmas.
I didn't use any excuses, I just asked for another month to turn it around, which I then did.
I held a team meeting with the players - which are usually utterly useless or actually work against you - and I also spoke to the players individually, talking up those in form and geeing up those out of form. That all then led to the upturn ..

This is the first time I've ever played an entire season (well, almost) without one single restart ... ie I haven't cheated once.

It's too tempting when you get yet another injury or a red card or a harsh penalty or concede a late goal (three times in the last two minutes that's happened to force draws from a winning position).
I am determined to play it completely "clean" this time round though ..