Song Lyrics

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:
Spiderman wrote:Rigger, you missed Reggae.
Birky, that's a cracking song & that guy has a superb voice, not going to post it cos I cheated. :D
I put Bob Marley in, didn't I ?? :D

I did run record shops for the best part of 15 years and I've been a DJ for 25 so it's hard not to like all genres, so long as you listen to enough of the best of each.

The only single genre I really don't like is folk.
I only like Kate and Anna McGariggle because this LP came with my first record player, when I was about 10. My old man bought it for me from some fella with a handful of vinyl and in those days you'd play anything (including some old Harry Secombe 7"s that were hanging about the house!)

Then you have missed out on a huge genre of music, mate. Richard Thompson is probably the best guitarist this country has ever produced. Bert Jansch and Davy Graham are not far behind and Nick Drake is possibly the greatest singer/songwriter ever. And I'm not a folkie by any stretch of the imagination.
Deleted User 728

Re: Song Lyrics

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Believe me, I've tried.
I've listened to lots of Fairport and Thompson solo and with Linda but it just doesn't do it for me.
Drake is okay ... I wouldn't buy it.
I always lump him with the Buckleys too but think he's way better than those two - both vastly over-rated IMHO.

Each to his own though.
Sorry for hi-jacking this thread too ... back on topic.

Here's one ...

"Has anybody seen a dog dyed dark green.
About two inches tall, with a strawberry blonde fall;
Sunglasses and a bonnet
and designer jeans with appliques on it?"

:D