Random Quiz

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Random Quiz

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:New season, a few more random questions with certain biases

1. He went on to be a famous cricketer, but in the summer of 1958, having attracted the interest of LUFC scouts, played alongside Billy Bremner for the club's under 18's. Who was he? Mellor correct with Sir Geoffrey Boycott

2. I) There is one African country that severed its diplomatic ties with North Korea in 2014. Name it. Obscure I know but it's Botswana, who have one of the highest HDI ratings in Africa. They did it on the basis of the Korean's rights record
ii) There are two NATO members that do not have diplomatic relations with North Korea. Name them The European members are Estonia and France; it seems Estonia didn't get all its diplomatic relations sorted out after independence.
iii) One South American country has the status of 'global partner' with NATO, so on the same basis as, for example, Australia and NZ. Which is it? Anyone who knows my domestic situation would have guessed Colombia :lol: Wife has no idea why this is. Strategic location with Atlantic and Pacific coasts perhaps?

3. On January 2nd 2016 a football league fixture will take place between the two teams farthest apart, who are.....Rigger in quicker than Noel Hunt in the penalty box. Plymouth travel to Carlisle on that date

4. Which is the well known London area that has six consecutive consonants in its name? Emley White spot on with KNIGHTSBRIDGE

I'm pleased to note that a number of new members have joined up recently, so you should know that there is no point in googling, Wiki etc the answers for this bit of fun.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....