Re: Random Quiz

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Beatles "Number 9" is still correct though - from The White Album
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

rigger wrote:Beatles "Number 9" is still correct though - from The White Album
I know the song and consider White their finest album but wasn't the point of the quiz to have the number on the left in the song title?

I call a time out ;)
Last edited by Mellor on 18 May 2015, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 728

Oh okay .. damned small print ;)
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

rigger wrote:Oh okay .. damned small print ;)
Imagine how difficult this stuff is if English isn't your first language ;)
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Well done Rigger, Frankie & Mellor all now correct :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

New season, a few more random questions with certain biases

1. He went on to be a famous cricketer, but in the summer of 1958, having attracted the interest of LUFC scouts, played alongside Billy Bremner for the club's under 18's. Who was he?

2. I) There is one African country that severed its diplomatic ties with North Korea in 2014. Name it.
ii) There are two NATO members that do not have diplomatic relations with North Korea. Name them
iii) One South American country has the status of 'global partner' with NATO, so on the same basis as, for example, Australia and NZ. Which is it?

3. On January 2nd 2016 a football league fixture will take place between the two teams farthest apart, who are.....

4. Which is the well known London area that has six consecutive consonants in its name?

I'm pleased to note that a number of new members have joined up recently, so you should know that there is no point in googling, Wiki etc the answers for this bit of fun.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

mapperleywhite wrote:New season, a few more random questions with certain biases

1. He went on to be a famous cricketer, but in the summer of 1958, having attracted the interest of LUFC scouts, played alongside Billy Bremner for the club's under 18's. Who was he?

2. I) There is one African country that severed its diplomatic ties with North Korea in 2014. Name it.
ii) There are two NATO members that do not have diplomatic relations with North Korea. Name them
iii) One South American country has the status of 'global partner' with NATO, so on the same basis as, for example, Australia and NZ. Which is it?

3. On January 2nd 2016 a football league fixture will take place between the two teams farthest apart, who are.....

4. Which is the well known London area that has six consecutive consonants in its name?

I'm pleased to note that a number of new members have joined up recently, so you should know that there is no point in googling, Wiki etc the answers for this bit of fun.
Answers will be revealed in a week's time
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 728

This is pretty difficult, mate .. :wtf:

Don't like cricket. Not a clue.
Obviously some obscure reserve from fifty years ago ... I'm sure there's plenty on here who will have met him when he was a wee lad ;)

Egypt
Norway and Finland
Chile

Plymouth Argyle vs. Carlisle

Feel like I should know this one .. I lived in the capital for a couple of years ... Crystal Palace only has FIVE in a row .. hmm .. don't know.