FIFA 15

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

FIFA 15

Post by new signing »

Sorry lads if there is already a thread dedicated to the game but the search function has failed.

Anyone else a fan of manager mode?

I tried to get into football manager and suprisingly enough considering my draw to managment once i finish playing I didnt enjoy it at all :|
Deleted User 728

Re: FIFA 15

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Don't like FIFA or Pro-Evo, or whatever it's called these days ..

FM is the only game in town for me.
Been playing it since CM2 and I'm in CM00/01 as an ageing defensive midfielder (a reward for modding their site).

I'm never gonna recommend any other game after that, am I ??

What is it you don't like about the game ?
You know there's a simplified "classic" mode in the last couple of versions, right ?
Effectively, it's like the game was about ten or twelve years ago : you buy and sell players, pick the formation and .. well, that's more or less it.
The more detailed features of the modern game like team and individual training, media relations, team talks, managing the scouting team, etc are all left out so the game's more instantly immersive, almost like an "arcade mode" if you like ?

Failing that, I would thoroughly recommend you just buy an older version for a couple of quid on eBay and play it for a couple of seasons to see if you can get into it. CM3 would be a good place to start - it was a major leap forward in terms of the interface and doesn't look that out of date today.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: FIFA 15

Post by Aaron »

rigger wrote:Don't like FIFA or Pro-Evo, or whatever it's called these days ..

FM is the only game in town for me.
Been playing it since CM2 and I'm in CM00/01 as an ageing defensive midfielder (a reward for modding their site).

I'm never gonna recommend any other game after that, am I ??

What is it you don't like about the game ?
You know there's a simplified "classic" mode in the last couple of versions, right ?
Effectively, it's like the game was about ten or twelve years ago : you buy and sell players, pick the formation and .. well, that's more or less it.
The more detailed features of the modern game like team and individual training, media relations, team talks, managing the scouting team, etc are all left out so the game's more instantly immersive, almost like an "arcade mode" if you like ?

Failing that, I would thoroughly recommend you just buy an older version for a couple of quid on eBay and play it for a couple of seasons to see if you can get into it. CM3 would be a good place to start - it was a major leap forward in terms of the interface and doesn't look that out of date today.
I don't play Fifa or PES anymore, but the career modes play at a much quicker pace. I struggle to get into FM sometimes simply because it seems like a very slow game, sometimes I find it more fun just to do as you said, buy/sell players and change formations up.

I do enjoy FM though, finish Uni Friday so will be able to put some serious hours in!