Life in the UK/Citizenship Test

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
roma123
Giddy Kipper

Life in the UK/Citizenship Test

Post by roma123 »

Let's find out who can actually call themselves British. Migrants are required to pass this test to acquire British Citizenship. I got 17/24 which is a fail :thumbdown:

https://lituktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/

18 is required to pass. Good luck! :mrgreen:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Life in the UK/Citizenship Test

Post by Mellor »

Just making my way through passport control - 19 scored. Some irrelevant stuff in there for me.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

I got 21. Looks like I'm British.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

22 ( I love a quiz). Some strange questions there. God knows what questions I would have asked, though.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

I got 19, looks like I'd qualify, if I wanted to! ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My grandparents on my mum's side were French so I'm a quarter Image

What a steaming great load of horse manure that test was ..
Why not open it up a bit rather than making half of it about ancient history.
Talk about things like the regional differences in fish n chips, how to cook and serve a balti, nicknames for various people and places, plus have a few random things like a bit of rhyming slang or northern terms of affection, a question like "Name a Scottish beer : McAle, Jock's, Heavy or SuperLight ?"

Shake it up and make it more relevant. It felt like being back in a dusty old classroom in the 1970s :evil:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

16/24 mmmm haven't lived in the UK for nearly 26 years, been in Oz longer.

got 100% in history and that was about it.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:12
Talk about things like the regional differences in fish n chips, how to cook and serve a balti, nicknames for various people and places, plus have a few random things like a bit of rhyming slang or northern terms of affection, a question like "Name a Scottish beer : McAle, Jock's, Heavy or SuperLight ?"
90% of the current residents wouldn't have the faintest idea about those questions either. I don't think I've ever eaten a Balti, let alone cooked or served one, for instance. Regional differences in fish and chips? Really? Surely that would be a question from the 50s. People travel around nowadays and move from where they were brought up. You could have a chippie in Cornwall using techniques learned in Yorkshire, for instance. Ask Chris Old, former Yorkshire and England cricketer (and a hero of mine). Name a Scottish beer? I was born here 50 years ago and, although I've heard jokes about "a pint of Heavy", I wouldn't know if it actually existed.

Basically, to misquote De Gaulle, the British are fairly insular, regional, even city based. As, I guess, most people across the world are. Without a constitution like the USA, it will always be very difficult to test whether someone has understood the essence of Britishness.

In fact, that could be the basic question on Britishness (or perhaps Englishness, as other parts of the UK have a more focused sense of self): Why doesn't the UK have a constitution?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Selby White wrote:21
Just decided to do it again this mormong and it was much more difficult and only got 15. Totally different questions.

The moral of the story is this quiz should be taken after a couple of pints of good strong British beer. :shh:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.