Video Jukebox! LUFC

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Deleted User 3289

Re: Video Jukebox! LUFC

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Its not one of then Tattoo's that starts off has Susi is it. :P :angel:

Yeah you mentioned it awhile ago Rig when you played one of her tunes.

I have to admit i wasn't aware of her before you played the song. I don't know how tho? One of the best female Blues/Rock voices you are likely to hear.

I believe the TTB is a coming together of her and her husbands band. Great!
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

There's only one way to soothe my soul...

Deleted User 3289

Personal Jesus by any chance Sniff? ;) I used to play Violator quite alot in my teens when the mood required it. Good song :thumbup:
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Personal Jesus by any chance Sniff? ;) I used to play Violator quite alot in my teens when the mood required it. Good song :thumbup:
They headlined the Saturday night at the Isle of Wight Festival a couple of weeks ago. They were fantastic. I know very little by them so I've started looking out for CDs. I bought Delta Machine a couple of days ago; hence "Soothe My Soul". :)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Not a massive fan but I do like their darker stuff.
My favourite album is Ultra, these two songs in particular :

Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Brilliant, Rigger. I'd heard Personal Jesus (more than) a few years ago and loved it but didn't follow it up. My better half and her sister were expecting a re-run of their 80s pop hits so were more than a bit shocked when Gahan swaggered on in his leathers and launched in to a huge electro-rock song.

Marvelous.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

He's an interesting guy who came close to destruction a few years back.

Like I say, I'm not a massive fan.
Weird really because I LOVE The Human League and electronic music in general - Kraftwerk above all others - but thought their early poppier stuff was a bit too jolly, preferring the more sci-fi vision of early League (up to and including Dare and the remix of it, Love And Dancing).
But you could argue their the most influential and successful British band certainly since The Smiths and only behind them, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

To be fair they were Vince Clarks band up to their first album and most of the songs were written by him. After he left to form Yazoo Martin Gore and Dave Gahan took on the song writing duties which is why you started getting more "perv" songs like Master And Servant". When it comes down to it, of course, I guess I just love his voice.
Deleted User 3289

Joan Baez - Diamonds And Rust

Neil Young - Mr. Soul

Sam Cooke - A Change is Gonna Come (Change :shifty: )

Deleted User 3289

Snap ;)

I know its a political song but i can't be doing with the video in that one Sniff. That audio sounds the best tho. :thumbup: