How northern are you?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: How northern are you?

Post by SiMamu »

18longleeds wrote:100 percent apparently i am a geordie.
I don't think being Geordie's a good thing.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

neither do I :thumbdown:
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Well it reckons I am 70% Northern (Hull). I was born in Worcester, lived in that area til 18, went to Uni in Manchester, moved to London when I graduated, then lived variously in Derby, St Helens, Northwich, and Staffordshire....and all the time following Leeds and when possible Worcester City ...so 70% is prob about right! I have just finished that Pies and Prejudice book by Stuart Maconie as well so that has no doubt added 5% on for me!!!!!1 (I'd have put something more about the Cider with Roadies book in the book thread but ONS would be panicking that his advertising had been usurped again!!!!1) :wave: :wave:
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

80% for me, somewhere near York. Sounds about right!
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

90% for me, it likens me to Middlesbrough which is not even in Yorkshire these days. :evil:
Looks like Pock White is the same but I am further South. :)
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

85% northern
That's somewhere around York.

YORKKKKSHA!
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Mellor wrote:Read the first question and stopped. Chips and gravy had no place in the life of proper northern folk back in the day surely, chippies sold fish chips and possibly mushies. Deffo no gravy.

The real test is pie and peas. If the pie is pork and it's submerged in peas you pass. T'other thing is Haddock. It (not Cod) comes with chips. These two things make you not only northern but a yorkie and that without doubt is game set and match. Now, pass the tiffin cake and curd tart.

For completeness I still have a full plate of Yorkshire's before any roast :thumbup: ;)
I get the feeling Mellor, that questions like that are actually to limit your northerness to the yorkshire area. I think chips and gravy is a north eastern, geordie area staple. So when you answer no to a couple of questions that relate to the north east, you end up in the yorkshire area. Makes sense, no?
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

SMorientes wrote:
Mellor wrote:Read the first question and stopped. Chips and gravy had no place in the life of proper northern folk back in the day surely, chippies sold fish chips and possibly mushies. Deffo no gravy.

The real test is pie and peas. If the pie is pork and it's submerged in peas you pass. T'other thing is Haddock. It (not Cod) comes with chips. These two things make you not only northern but a yorkie and that without doubt is game set and match. Now, pass the tiffin cake and curd tart.

For completeness I still have a full plate of Yorkshire's before any roast :thumbup: ;)
I get the feeling Mellor, that questions like that are actually to limit your northerness to the yorkshire area. I think chips and gravy is a north eastern, geordie area staple. So when you answer no to a couple of questions that relate to the north east, you end up in the yorkshire area. Makes sense, no?
That explains a number of things, the scoring for one and the svelte like specimens down The Bigg Market for another ;)

Oatcakes, I have them as Derbyshire and Staffs, in short the midlands? Once had a full English in Buxton. Whole shooting match came on top of an oat cake. Odd!

I did end up in York as you suggest and for that I was grateful.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

This is how I see it :angel:

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'd agree with that map, the north in my opinion starts at Sheffield.
Winner of the Europa League