LPS Review

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Deleted User 2747

LPS Review

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Hi there, as promised I am offering you all a review of the LPS games. :wave:

I volunteered to do this game as it has always been my favourite game on LUFCTALK and I wanted to see it continue. :thumbup: :D

I have as you know added my own details to the games, in an attempt to add a little variety and to indulge my creative side :roll: :think: . I have also endeavoured to get as much as possible out of the schedules, games and competitions that are out there :roll: .

I have had some every encouraging comments and thank you for those, :D I have also noticed that one or two players have left the games or missed rounds :( :?: . My wish is to provide games that are fun for everyone :arrow: 8-) and also for myself to administer. So whilst I appreciate that the games might not suit everyone, I also wish to provide the best that I can for those that want to play.

What I really want to know is if there is anything I could add + :thumbup: , or anything I might take-away - :thumbdown: , to improve the games.

Just a NB: The rules are meant to be friendly guidelines and are not me being officious, (I am from Yorkshire, so there is always an aspect of dry humour and joie de vivre in my most serious of intentions). :lolno:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: LPS Review

Post by kk white »

So far so good Frankie, really enjoying it.

Just wondering, if everyone is happy to end some longer rounds with the golf style sharing of points, then it may be best to set out how many matches it continues for?
Eg, if we are down to the final 2 or 3 players, let it continue for say two more rounds and then split the points....
4 points each if 2 players left (1st, 2nd = 8 points) or 3 points each if 3 left (1st, 2nd & 3rd = 9 points)?
Only use the system when 2 or 3 players remain in the game (as you have only allocated points for finishing in top 3).
If 3 players start this and we lose one, then allow the last 2 players a fresh 2 rounds to win/share the points.

Jeez, it's complicated to type it out, but really should be easier than it looks :crazy:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Hi Frankie,

As I’ve said previously, I think you’ve done a great job here, and from discussions with some of the guys over a pint before the games, everyone enjoys it and appreciates the hard work you’ve put in. The colour coding system is genius, and makes it so easy to know where you stand.

I wouldn’t change anything, although I think it’s only fair you have first pick sometimes.

Thanks again Frankie.

Kev.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Barlow Boy wrote:Hi Frankie,

As I’ve said previously, I think you’ve done a great job here, and from discussions with some of the guys over a pint before the games, everyone enjoys it and appreciates the hard work you’ve put in. The colour coding system is genius, and makes it so easy to know where you stand.

I wouldn’t change anything, although I think it’s only fair you have first pick sometimes.

Thanks again Frankie.

Kev.
Frankie, what Kev says here!! :clap: :thumbup:

Cheers. PW.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Thanks for your contributuions.

I do like the idea that I get first pick sometimes. I try to alternate, but I think I could let myself pick first more often.

I will concoct a rule for the end of the game, based on what we did last time and your idea kk-white.

All constructive comments still welcome.