Football Gamble - Game 1 - Final Results Added

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Football Gamble - Game 1

Post by Selby White »

Not having a good weekend, was hoping for a super Sunday but already let down with West Sydney drawing with Perth Glory.
Think Mr R and Frankie will be smiling with that one.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just updated Saturdays scores and must say with some big winners this is going to be close.

Sadly I'm not one of them :cry:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Hi Selby,
As the Limerick v Rovers match succumbed to the weather (it was an absolute banker for Rovers :x ), can I please put the lot on Man City at home, 4/6? I was tempted to stick, but seeing as I originally risked the lot, it's only right that I go again, if that's ok?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

kk_white wrote:Hi Selby,
As the Limerick v Rovers match succumbed to the weather (it was an absolute banker for Rovers :x ), can I please put the lot on Man City at home, 4/6? I was tempted to stick, but seeing as I originally risked the lot, it's only right that I go again, if that's ok?
Done :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Can I change the AC Milan game as it was sadly postponed to £50 Marseille home please.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Davycc wrote:Can I change the AC Milan game as it was sadly postponed to £50 Marseille home please.
Yes given the reason for the cancellation I'll add the Marseille v Nantes match.

Anyone that backed on the Milan derby have had their money returned to their pot.

Its only fair that all players have the option of betting on the new match but am adding a rule to a maximum of £50 as that was the highest bet on the Milan game (before kick off 8pm)

Odds -Home 1/2 Draw 7/2 Away 13/2
kk white

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:Can I change the AC Milan game as it was sadly postponed to £50 Marseille home please.
Looking good for you Davy, regardless of Marseilles 1 down at half time.... 3 cracking results previously.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

kk_white wrote:
Looking good for you Davy, regardless of Marseilles 1 down at half time.... 3 cracking results previously.
Thanks kk pity my William Hill bets didn't do as well this weekend :thumbdown:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

It's all over and think it's a close call, enjoyed running the game and am sure we'll be doing it again.
Not sure who the winner is as on my phone and it's all on my laptop (also don't do maths after wine), you'll need to wait until the morning for the final places.

Thanks to all for taking part.
kk white

Post by kk white »

Fair play Selby. Really enjoyed making virtual bets that I could never have entertained in real life. Found myself calculating the top 10 over a quiet pint tonight. Thanks again...