World Cup Gamble Competition ?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

World Cup Gamble Competition ?

Post by Selby White »

Early days but would love to hear the opinion of others regarding what we do during the World Cup.

Have thought of just carrying on with the Gamble Game in its present format as had some good feedback, not a problem if thats what members want.

However i've been toying with a 2nd format where we have our own "World Cup" based on a gamble format. Those wishing to take part are drawn into 4 groups (would need at least 16) with each group given a number of group stage matches to bet on.
The Top Two in each group go into the quarter finals (knockout comp) with matches to bet on until eventually we get our winner.

Working on other ideas.

Your thoughts ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Re: World Cup Gamble Competition ?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'd just keep the original format, mate.

Carry everything right through to the end so that at any point a player could lump his entire pot on the outcome of one result, just for the heck of it.

Let's say, I don't know .. Nigeria have a good run and get through to the quarters where they face Spain. Supposing someone was languishing towards the tail-end of the table with £45 and they splurge it all on the Super Eagles to go through in 90 minutes at 8-1. That would propel them right back to the top of the pile with just the semi's, the third-place match and the final to go. Four games from glory !

:D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: World Cup Gamble Competition ?

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:I'd just keep the original format, mate.

Carry everything right through to the end so that at any point a player could lump his entire pot on the outcome of one result, just for the heck of it.

Let's say, I don't know .. Nigeria have a good run and get through to the quarters where they face Spain. Supposing someone was languishing towards the tail-end of the table with £45 and they splurge it all on the Super Eagles to go through in 90 minutes at 8-1. That would propel them right back to the top of the pile with just the semi's, the third-place match and the final to go. Four games from glory !

:D
That's a very good point, it does add the "you never know factor".
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.