Sept 2019 - Frankie
Oct 2019 - DavyCC
Nov 2019 - BrighouseWhite
Sept 2020 - Rigger
Nov 2020 - KK White
March 2021 - Cheffy007
Sept 2021 - Whitedancer
Oct 2021 - Selby White
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Gamblers Games Latest Standings

Post by kk white »

Oy, Selbs. Just when a little gap appeared between me and BB, you go and steam ahead. No fair! ;)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Updated following the International Special which was won by bc grinner.
We've had 10 international specials since March 2019 and its proving a proper wide open format with 10 different winners.

2021 Grand Prix Standings :-

Selby White - 169.5pts
KK White - 143pts
Barlow Boy - 139.5pts
bc grinner - 129pts
Wigan White - 124pts
Cheffy007 - 123.5pts
Mr Russell - 105.5pts
DavyCC - 86pts
The Fonz - 49.5pts
Whitedancer - 39pts
DominanceUK - 38pts
Frankie - 30.5pts
Nottingham White - 14pts
Chilwell White - 7pts
Rigger - 3pts
Bearskin - 1pt

International Special
March 2019 - Big Jon
Sept 2019 - Frankie
Oct 2019 - DavyCC
Nov 2019 - BrighouseWhite
Sept 2020 - Rigger
Nov 2020 - KK White
March 2021 - Cheffy007
Sept 2021 - Whitedancer
Oct 2021 - Selby White
Nov 2021 - bc grinner
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Do you get points just for the Internationals, Selbs or is it for every comp you run?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:Do you get points just for the Internationals, Selbs or is it for every comp you run?
Hi Dom,
Good question for all new players getting involved.

Its all the Gamble format Games not just Internationals in a calendar year not season (start of Jan to end of Dec).
Just a sideshow for a bit of interest and of course those that join in late in the year miss out on lots of potential points.

If you look at the start of the thread you will see the history of all events we include each year.
Will reset in January when we start again.

Points are awarded unless otherwise stated as follows -
winner - 25pts, r/u - 18pts, 3rd - 15pts, 4th - 12pts, 5th- 10pts, 6th - 8pts, 7th - 6pts, 8th - 4pts, 9th - 2pts, 10th - 1pts.
Even when you can't win position and points are always worth playing for.

eg, win your group in the Gamble League when the dust settles this weekend and had 25pts to your score (its stipulated in the rules of that game both groups will get full points).

On that note I wonder what others think ?
Should we include all games next year(Predictions, Last Man standing, etc) rather than just Gamble Games.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

As you say SW, it’s a good question from Dom.

I know which ones are included as you see the points at the beginning of the competition thread as mentioned, but I’ve not really understood why some competitions are included and others not. I assumed it was to lessen your already ridiculous workload running the competitions.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Selby White wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:Do you get points just for the Internationals, Selbs or is it for every comp you run?
Hi Dom,

Its all the Gamble format Games not just Internationals in a calendar year not season (start of Jan to end of Dec).
Just a sideshow for a bit of interest and of course those that join in late in the year miss out on lots of potential points.

If you look at the start of the thread you will see the history of all events we include each year.

winner - 25pts, r/u - 18pts, 3rd - 15pts, 4th - 12pts, 5th- 10pts, 6th - 8pts, 7th - 6pts, 8th - 4pts, 9th - 2pts, 10th - 1pts.

eg, win your group in the Gamble League when the dust settles this weekend and had 25pts to your score (its stipulated in the rules of that game both groups will get full points).

Should we include all games next year(Predictions, Last Man standing, etc) rather than just Gamble Games.
Cheers Selbs. Was asking out of curiosity as I'm enjoying the comps you are running and I am quite competitive :lol:

I think I only started with your comps at the beginning of this season but will continue to take part and will now have a better chance of competing when it resets in January! As for your question, it's very enjoyable as it is, imo. Hopefully we can get more folk on board. Keep up the stellar work young man! :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Hi Dom,

Cheers Selbs. Was asking out of curiosity as I'm enjoying the comps you are running and I am quite competitive :lol:

I think I only started with your comps at the beginning of this season but will continue to take part and will now have a better chance of competing when it resets in January! As for your question, it's very enjoyable as it is, imo. Hopefully we can get more folk on board. Keep up the stellar work young man! :thumbup:
Thanks Dom, Yes for the Grand Prix its certainly an big advantage to be involved for the full year but still doesn't stop members dipping in and out for any games they fancy.
We are building a good group of regulars and hope can continue increasing the numbers.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:As you say SW, it’s a good question from Dom.

I know which ones are included as you see the points at the beginning of the competition thread as mentioned, but I’ve not really understood why some competitions are included and others not. I assumed it was to lessen your already ridiculous workload running the competitions.
Can answer that and its basically to do with Games history.

Back in 2018 I created the initial Gamble Game which proved popular so continued and started to develop the many variations we have today.
In the early days someone suggested we should keep historical records hence this thread started which gave the idea to have a overall Champion.
First Year we did it as a Medal Table with 1st, 2nd & 3rd getting Gold, Silver & Bronze.
In 2019 we changed to the Grand Prix points system so basically everyone was playing for points and all positions (in top 10) were important.

But back to the question.
In the early days I only did the Gamble Games so only included them.
Frankie did our prediction game (LPS) and kept her own records.
When Frankie stepped down I said I'd do some sort of Prediction Game on a temporary basis while we got a volunteer to take over. Hence it never got added to the Grand Prix system.
Over time the Prediction Games have now evolved to different formats from my initial idea (7 Up).

So the point is now raised - Should all games be included in the Grand Prix ?
Personally I would say Yes so from next year I propose to include them unless anyone can think of a good reason why.
Too far into this year to change to current system.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Thanks for the clarification SW :thumbup:

It’s an absolute yes from me on all competitions being included, if you don’t mind the extra workload that is.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.