Any Clint Eastwood Fans ?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Any Clint Eastwood Fans ?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:I thought the Koreans were all pretty good. Don't forget, only the kid would be fluent in English so it stacked up for me. Gang members are always flakey anyway....
I rewatched it last year so I'm not being unkind, there is some plain poor acting in it. I remember preferring Michael Caine's 'Harry Brown' which was out not long after and reminded me of GT, even though Caine's not that believable as a toughguy pensioner :P
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:

I love Clint.
His back catalogue is a serious body of work and he's a true artist, spanning many different genres, generations and fields : his biopic of Charlie Parker, Bird, is amazing and he's always been hot on the jazz scene.
Dirty Harry remains one of my favourite films of all time, but Grand Torino is a masterpiece and Million Dollar Baby is great too.
Not a western fan but I even like his take on those movies from the original trilogy through High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider and the superb Unforgiven.
Big Clint fan myself, so many films you can watch over again.

Along with those you mention one of my favorites is "The Outlaw Josey Wales" and "Where Eagle Dare" which is up there with the best classic war movies.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Firefox is brilliant.
Totally camp in places, but the concepts and the storyline - from the original book - are top notch for a cold war movie.

Shame the CGI lets it down.
It would be great to have a remastered version with all new flight sequences, like they've done with the original Star Trek series :)