Any Clint Eastwood Fans ?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Any Clint Eastwood Fans ?

Post by Selby White »

THE WORK OF CLINT EASTWOOD
Name the 5th movie in the "Dirty Harry" series (1988) following Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact.
Which movie followed in the series after "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More"
Name the 1979 movie that was based on a true story, and largely shot at the original island location
Name either of the movies in which Eastwood played Philo Beddoe
In which movie does Eastwood play a pilot who steals a Russian military aircraft
Which 2008 movie, directed and produced (but not starring) Eastwood, is based on real life murders of 1928, and starred Angelina Jolie as a woman reunited with a boy whom she insists is not her missing son.
In which 1969 musical does Eastwood sing "I talk to the trees"
Name Eastwood's first movie as a director, in which he plays the role of a radio DJ being stalked by an obsessed female fan.
In which 2008 movie does Eastwood portray a widowed Korean War veteran who is angry at the world, and the relationship with a boy who tries stealing his prized 1972 Ford
Eastwood found fame after playing Rowdy Yates in which US TV western series, 1959 to 1965
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Any Clint Eastwood Fans ?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Okay, not looked up anything so here goes...
Selby White wrote:THE WORK OF CLINT EASTWOOD
Name the 5th movie in the "Dirty Harry" series (1988) following Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact. The Dead pool
Which movie followed in the series after "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" The Good, TB&TU
Name the 1979 movie that was based on a true story, and largely shot at the original island location. Escape From Alcatraz
Name either of the movies in which Eastwood played Philo Beddoe. Hang 'Em High.
In which movie does Eastwood play a pilot who steals a Russian military aircraft. Firefox.
Which 2008 movie, directed and produced (but not starring) Eastwood, is based on real life murders of 1928, and starred Angelina Jolie as a woman reunited with a boy whom she insists is not her missing son. The Changeling. (Great flick!)
In which 1969 musical does Eastwood sing "I talk to the trees" - Paint Your Wagon
Name Eastwood's first movie as a director, in which he plays the role of a radio DJ being stalked by an obsessed female fan. Play Misty For Me
In which 2008 movie does Eastwood portray a widowed Korean War veteran who is angry at the world, and the relationship with a boy who tries stealing his prized 1972 Ford - Gran Torino
Eastwood found fame after playing Rowdy Yates in which US TV western series, 1959 to 1965 - Rawhide
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Aargh, bloody Philo Beddoe! :D
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Okay, not looked up anything so here goes...
Selby White wrote:THE WORK OF CLINT EASTWOOD
Name the 5th movie in the "Dirty Harry" series (1988) following Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, The Enforcer, and Sudden Impact. The Dead pool
Which movie followed in the series after "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More" The Good, TB&TU
Name the 1979 movie that was based on a true story, and largely shot at the original island location. Escape From Alcatraz
Name either of the movies in which Eastwood played Philo Beddoe. Hang 'Em High.
In which movie does Eastwood play a pilot who steals a Russian military aircraft. Firefox.
Which 2008 movie, directed and produced (but not starring) Eastwood, is based on real life murders of 1928, and starred Angelina Jolie as a woman reunited with a boy whom she insists is not her missing son. The Changeling. (Great flick!)
In which 1969 musical does Eastwood sing "I talk to the trees" - Paint Your Wagon
Name Eastwood's first movie as a director, in which he plays the role of a radio DJ being stalked by an obsessed female fan. Play Misty For Me
In which 2008 movie does Eastwood portray a widowed Korean War veteran who is angry at the world, and the relationship with a boy who tries stealing his prized 1972 Ford - Gran Torino
Eastwood found fame after playing Rowdy Yates in which US TV western series, 1959 to 1965 - Rawhide
No 4 would be either Any Which Way But Loose, or Any Which Way You Can.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Yeah I know that now, WW :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

THE WORK OF CLINT EASTWOOD
1. Name the 5th movie in the "Dirty Harry" series ...
THE DEAD POOL

2. Which movie followed in the series after "A Fistful of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More"
THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY

3. Name the 1979 movie that was based on a true story ...
ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ

4. Name either of the movies in which Eastwood played Philo Beddoe
EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE

5. In which movie does Eastwood play a pilot who steals a Russian military aircraft
FIREFOX

6. Which 2008 movie ...
?

7. In which 1969 musical does Eastwood sing "I talk to the trees"
PAINT YOUR WAGON

8.Name Eastwood's first movie as a director ...
PLAY MISTY FOR ME

9. In which 2008 movie does Eastwood portray a widowed Korean War veteran ...
GRAND TORINO

10. Eastwood found fame after playing Rowdy Yates in which US TV western series, 1959 to 1965
RAWHIDE

I love Clint.
His back catalogue is a serious body of work and he's a true artist, spanning many different genres, generations and fields : his biopic of Charlie Parker, Bird, is amazing and he's always been hot on the jazz scene.
Dirty Harry remains one of my favourite films of all time, but Grand Torino is a masterpiece and Million Dollar Baby is great too.
Not a western fan but I even like his take on those movies from the original trilogy through High Plains Drifter, Pale Rider and the superb Unforgiven.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

I enjoyed GT but there is some truly terrible acting in that flick. Each to their own but calling it a masterpiece is definitely a point we disagree on :D
Deleted User 728

Terrible acting ??
Really ?

Which actors ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

rigger wrote:Terrible acting ??
Really ?

Which actors ?
The main kid plus some of his family as well as gang members.
Deleted User 728

I thought the Koreans were all pretty good. Don't forget, only the kid would be fluent in English so it stacked up for me. Gang members are always flakey anyway....