Another connection

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Another connection

Post by Selby White »

CONNECTIONS
1. Ricky Tomlinson, Sue Johnson, Caroline Aherne and Ralf Little played which dysfunctional family on TV?

2.Which British singer and actress, born in 1942, was once the highest paid cabaret artist in the world. She appeared in several Carry On films, had hits with songs such and Trains and Boats and Planes and I’ll Never Fall in Love Again?

3.Where are the mountains Mons Hadley, Mons Huygens, and Mons Bradley?

4.Which former President of the United States served only one term bridging the 1970s and 80s, and was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 2002?

5.Which former footballer, who played for Ipswich and England, become an icon for the hard-man ideology following a severe head injury incurred in a World Cup qualifier against Sweden in 1989?

6.Who completes this musical line-up? Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Woods?

7.Which Welsh rugby league star, born in 1842 and died in 1985 spent 20 years playing in Hull; 8 years for Hull FC and 12 for Hull KR. He was so beloved of the people of Hull, that the city named a stretch of the A63 after him?

8.Which actor appears alongside Ben Stiller in the Zoolander films, and plays the cowboy in Stiller's Night At The Museum films?

9.Which Canadian singer songwriter sang “Both Sides Now” and “Big Yellow Taxi

10.What connects the correct answers to the above questions?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Another connection

Post by mapperleywhite »

Selby White wrote:CONNECTIONS
1. Ricky Tomlinson, Sue Johnson, Caroline Aherne and Ralf Little played which dysfunctional family on TV? Royal Family

2.Which British singer and actress, born in 1942, was once the highest paid cabaret artist in the world. She appeared in several Carry On films, had hits with songs such and Trains and Boats and Planes and I’ll Never Fall in Love Again?

3.Where are the mountains Mons Hadley, Mons Huygens, and Mons Bradley?

4.Which former President of the United States served only one term bridging the 1970s and 80s, and was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 2002? Gerald Ford

5.Which former footballer, who played for Ipswich and England, become an icon for the hard-man ideology following a severe head injury incurred in a World Cup qualifier against Sweden in 1989? Terry Butcher

6.Who completes this musical line-up? Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Woods? Bill Wyman

7.Which Welsh rugby league star, born in 1842 and died in 1985 spent 20 years playing in Hull; 8 years for Hull FC and 12 for Hull KR. He was so beloved of the people of Hull, that the city named a stretch of the A63 after him? Clive Sullivan

8.Which actor appears alongside Ben Stiller in the Zoolander films, and plays the cowboy in Stiller's Night At The Museum films?

9.Which Canadian singer songwriter sang “Both Sides Now” and “Big Yellow Taxi Joni Mitchell

10.What connects the correct answers to the above questions?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

1) Royle
2) Anita Harris
3) Moon
4) Jimmy Carter
5) Terry Butcher
6) Charlie Watts
9) Joni Mitchel
10) I'll hazard a guess that it's EastEnders not that I ever watch it but a couple of those names sound familiar.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Clive Sullivan wasn't 143 years old though. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Clive Sullivan wasn't 143 years old though. :D
:thumbup: :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sniffer wrote:1) Royle
2) Anita Harris
3) Moon
4) Jimmy Carter
5) Terry Butcher
6) Charlie Watts
9) Joni Mitchel
10) I'll hazard a guess that it's EastEnders not that I ever watch it but a couple of those names sound familiar.
Give you that all ran the queen vic