Lyrics

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Lyrics

Post by Selby White »

Given the artist and the popular song, give the next word that follows the lyrics given
The ones in Red have been answered

1.ABBA - Dancing Queen: Ooh, you can dance, you can jive. Having the time of your life. Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene

2.Backstreet Boys - I Want it That Way: You are my fire, the one desire. Believe when I say, I want it that way. But we are two

3.Robbie Williams - Angels: I sit and wait, does an angel

4.Shania Twain - Man, I Feel Like a Woman: I'm going out tonight, I'm feelin' alright. Gonna let it all hang out. Wanna make some noise, really raise my voice Yeah, I wanna scream and shout, no

5.Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits: Twenty five was the speed limit

6.Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin: He rocks in the tree tops all day long, Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song. All the little birdies on

7.Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes: Billy rapped all night about his suicide, how he'd kick it in the head when he was 25. Don't want to stay alive when you're 25

8.The KInks - Lola: I met her in a club down in old Soho, where you drink champagne and it tastes just like

9.Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run: In the day we sweat it out on the streets of a runaway American dream. At night we ride through

10.Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick: In the deserts of Sudan, and the gardens of Japan. From Milan to

11. Beatles - Ballad of John & Yoko : Finally made the plane into Paris, Honeymooning down by the Seine, Peter Brown call to say, You can make it O.K. You can get married in

12. Don McClean - American Pie : Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym, You both kicked off your shoes, Man, I dig those rhythm and blues, I was a lonely

13. David Bowie - Let's Dance : Put on your red shoes and dance the blues, Let's dance, To the song they're playing on the radio, Let's sway, While

14. Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama : In Birmingham they love the gov' nor (boo, boo, boo), Now we all did what we could do, Now

15. The Verve - The Drugs don't Work : All this talk of getting old, It's getting me down my love, Like a

Googling is strictly banned :angel:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Lyrics

Post by Barlow Boy »

Blimey, a music quiz and I know a lot of these :D.

3. Contemplate.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I have never even heard of the artistes in nos. 2, 4, 7, and 10. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

1 Digging
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:I have never even heard of the artistes in nos. 2, 4, 7, and 10. :lol:
John I'm sure you would actually like some of Shania's music.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
johnh wrote:I have never even heard of the artistes in nos. 2, 4, 7, and 10. :lol:
The videos aren’t that bad either :shh:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

8. Cherry cola. I think they had to change it from coca cola because it was deemed to be advertising or somesuch.
10. Yucatan
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Davycc wrote:
The videos aren’t that bad either :shh:
I refrained from mentioning that.... but yes, very easy n the eyes.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

9. Mansions
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Given the artist and the popular song, give the next word that follows the lyrics given
Less those already answered along with some new ones

2.Backstreet Boys - I Want it That Way: You are my fire, the one desire. Believe when I say, I want it that way. But we are two

4.Shania Twain - Man, I Feel Like a Woman: I'm going out tonight, I'm feelin' alright. Gonna let it all hang out. Wanna make some noise, really raise my voice Yeah, I wanna scream and shout, no

5.Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits: Twenty five was the speed limit

6.Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin: He rocks in the tree tops all day long, Hoppin' and a-boppin' and singing his song. All the little birdies on

7.Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes: Billy rapped all night about his suicide, how he'd kick it in the head when he was 25. Don't want to stay alive when you're 25

11. Beatles - Ballad of John & Yoko : Finally made the plane into Paris, Honeymooning down by the Seine, Peter Brown call to say, You can make it O.K. You can get married in

12. Don McClean - American Pie : Cause I saw you dancin' in the gym, You both kicked off your shoes, Man, I dig those rhythm and blues, I was a lonely

13. David Bowie - Let's Dance : Put on your red shoes and dance the blues, Let's dance, To the song they're playing on the radio, Let's sway, While

14. Lynard Skynard - Sweet Home Alabama : In Birmingham they love the gov' nor (boo, boo, boo), Now we all did what we could do, Now

15. The Verve - The Drugs don't Work : All this talk of getting old, It's getting me down my love, Like a

Googling is strictly banned :angel:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.