Fancy a guess the player game?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Fancy a guess the player game?

Post by Aces »

Just for a laugh, you can use whatever info you like, nicknames, nationality, a reference to a magic moment, etc, etc.

Here's an easy starter, we are talking surnames and once it's guessed right, the person who guesses correctly, sets a new name.

Seven letters, the clue is his nickname, Hot Shot *******
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
spiderman2

Re: Fancy a guess the player game?

Post by spiderman2 »

Lorimer
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Well done mate, I said it was easy, but it was just to start the game, lol

Away you go mate, fill yer boots.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
spiderman2

Post by spiderman2 »

Known as "The carthorse" but sniffer would have been lost without him.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

spiderman2 wrote:Known as "The carthorse" but sniffer would have been lost without him.

Well sniffer Clarke relied a lot on Mick Jones and Eddie Gray, but I don't recall either of them having this nickname. It would have been more appropriate for big Jack, but I think his nickname was, the Giraffe.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I take it back about big Jack, he was a brilliant defender, I was just thinking, who could be nicknamed the Carthorse in those days, they were all fantastic players and Carthorse is a derogatory name for a player, but ..... If one was nicknamed this, I'm willing to stand corrected.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Mick Jones is the answer, it took some finding, why he was tagged with this I don't know, I think it was on a joke site about the great Leeds team, but he was no Carthorse, he zipped past that Arsenal defender in the FA cup final and cut back an amazing cross for sniffer Clarke to score the winner.

A cross between a bay watch characters part of his real name and a colour. Still fairly easy.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Greenhoff
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Davycc wrote:Greenhoff
Well done mate, I know it was easy, but it will give everyone a gist of how this game works, away you go mate, it's your turn next. If a couple of days goes by and a new clue hasn't been set, I will set a new one, just to keep the game ticking over. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

this guy makes leg protectors for cowboys, we hear.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders