where in the world

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
Deleted User 728

Re: where in the world

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yes, you're right, but you're wrong about King's.
The plural would be Kings : I was only referring to BB's night club, the finest evening's entertainment I have ever known.

I hope nobody's googling any of this stuff in this thread or what's the point ??
I didn't do it with the viaduct, despite knowing where it was ..

I could've put Elvis, Beale St., delta river, The Firm and the blues but I chose terms that only people who've actually been to the place would recognise ..
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Yes, you're right, but you're wrong about King's.
The plural would be Kings : I was only referring to BB's night club, the finest evening's entertainment I have ever known.

I hope nobody's googling any of this stuff in this thread or what's the point ??

I could've put Elvis, Beale St., delta river, The Firm and the blues but I chose terms that only people who've actually been to the place would recognise ..
Knew the answers straight away as visited the place twice, once back in 2005 spending a week there which was fantastic as on top of all the Memphis musicians others had come from New Orleans as it was just after Hurricane Katrina.
My 2nd visit was on a road trip from Chicago to New Orleans 6 years back for a couple of nights.
Have stood in front of the microphone at Sun studios, had lunch in Peabody place, and visited the Lorraine Motel (National civil rights Museum now) along with plenty of nights spent on Beale street.
Best act I saw was actually in Blues City Café across the road from BB Kings although it was all great.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

OK. I didn't realise that no googling was a rule. My apologies. I had an idea and used Google to clarify my idea. Sorry I am not well travelled and have not been to many places other than some in Europe.

I hand this over to Selby.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Frankie wrote:

OK. I didn't realise that no googling was a rule. My apologies. I had an idea and used Google to clarify my idea. Sorry I am not well travelled and have not been to many places other than some in Europe.

It's not a rule, it just seems a pointless exercise otherwise .. but cheers for your honesty :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
Frankie wrote:

It's not a rule, it just seems a pointless exercise otherwise .. but cheers for your honesty :thumbup:
Its just fun you do one Frankie I've done some and so far a few have fallen into my lap as places I know. Wouldn't have got Lucerne without yours and Riggers language skills.
Deleted User 2747

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:
Frankie wrote:

Its just fun you do one Frankie I've done some and so far a few have fallen into my lap as places I know. Wouldn't have got Lucerne without yours and Riggers language skills.
Ok thanks, back shortly. :thumbup:
Deleted User 2747

I have been here...

Christmas market, Curious Cumel, Old Town, St Martin's, Slavin.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure -

Christmas market - Makes me think possibly Germany
Curious Cumel - Not a Clue
Old Town - Could be lots of places
St Martin's - Something tells me this isn't London (St Martins in the Field)
Slavin - Balkans maybe or maybe not

Munich possibly, not been so wild guess
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Frankie wrote:I have been here...

Christmas market - even Nottingham has one of these :lol:

Curious Cumel - Kummel is a German schnapps flavoured with caraway

Old Town - so somewhere we didn't flatten in WWII?

St Martin's - ?

Slavin - ?

I'm going to try Bratislava - or am I completely off track?
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Deleted User 2747

mapperleywhite wrote:
Frankie wrote:I have been here...

Christmas market - even Nottingham has one of these :lol:

Curious Cumel - Kummel is a German schnapps flavoured with caraway

Old Town - so somewhere we didn't flatten in WWII?

St Martin's - ?

Slavin - ?

I'm going to try Bratislava - or am I completely off track?

Yes. :thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations...

Christmas market - Yes they do have them in lots of places, but not everywhere ;)

Curious Cumel - A street ground level, statue of a man peeping out of a manhole cover ( I think a sewer worker.)

Old Town - Old town area of Bratislava

St Martin's - Cathedral

Slavin - A memorial monument and military cemetery