Curious information, have you got any?

Engage in some light-hearted challenges to test your knowledge and wits
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Curious information, have you got any?

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Italian legend Paolo Maldini has a collection of 17 runners-up medals - probably the biggest in the game. It includes three Champions League finals, three Intercontinental/World Club Cups, two Coppa Italias, three Supercoppas, a UEFA Super Cup final, a World Cup, A European Championship and three league titles.
Winner of the Europa League
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Did you know, Hummingbirds beat their wings 60-80 times per second

It doesn't matter that hummingbirds weigh next to nothing (some less than the weight of a penny!); the fact that they have such small wings means that they have to work overtime to keep themselves afloat.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Italian legend Paolo Maldini has a collection of 17 runners-up medals - probably the biggest in the game. It includes three Champions League finals, three Intercontinental/World Club Cups, two Coppa Italias, three Supercoppas, a UEFA Super Cup final, a World Cup, A European Championship and three league titles.
What a loser NW, did he ever win anything? :lolno:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Spiderman
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Spiderman »

I dispute the Gary Lineker not being booked, I along with friends was in the Lowfields when we were playing Everton, Lineker made a scything tackle & a yellow card was shown, I don't recall him appealing it.
stephenneilwhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by stephenneilwhite »

hopefully the worst case of violence on a football pitch
The match took place June 30 at Pius XII stadium in Maranhao, northeastern Brazil.

The slayings began after the 20-year-old referee, Otavio Jordao da Silva, expelled player Josemir Santos Abreu, 31, from an amateur match in the small town of Centro do Meio, in the northern state of Maranhao.

Angered by the expulsion, Abreu threw Silva to the ground. As he rose, Silva pulled a knife and stabbed Abreu in the chest, Costa said, and the player died on the way to the hospital.

Players and spectators then rushed Silva, tying him up by his arms and legs while Souza hit him over the head with a spike and then broke the bottle on his face. One of the suspects being sought, a man nicknamed 'Pirolo,' then took the knife that had been used to stab Abreu and stabbed the referee in the neck, said Costa.

It was not immediately clear why Silva had been carrying the knife in the first place.

Souza's brother Francisco then used a sickle to cut off Silva's arms, legs and head, which he placed on a spike in the middle of the field, Costa said. He added that Francisco may have been on drugs at the time.

The mob showed no mercy as they quartered and decapitated the referee and then placed his head on a stake.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z39CUQyp9B
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Spiderman wrote:I dispute the Gary Lineker not being booked, I along with friends was in the Lowfields when we were playing Everton, Lineker made a scything tackle & a yellow card was shown, I don't recall him appealing it.
Are you sure mate? I don't recall Lineker playing against us for Everton.

He played for Everton between July 85 and Aug 86, joined in the summer and left the following summer after the 86 World Cup. We did not play Everton until 1990 and before that it was the FA cup in January 1985.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

In 1990 he was honoured with the FIFA Fair Play Award for never once receiving a single booking during his illustrious career.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z39EfDoxNB
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

More tortoises die of diphtheria than any other disease.
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

If you were to stand all the pigs on the earth end to end, at least one would get sh*t on its nose.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc wrote:If you were to stand all the pigs on the earth end to end, at least one would get sh*t on its nose.
That reminded me of the American Sportswriter in the 1950's who wrote 'if you laid all the British heavyweights out on the ground, head to toe, I wouldn't be surprised.'
I once played against Don Revie.