All Leeds Ladies FC discussions and news

This is the place for all discussions and news regarding the Leeds Ladies Football Club.

All Leeds Ladies FC discussions and news

Postby Sheepy » 25 Jul 2016, 17:56

Dear LUFC Talkers, we now have a new forum so we can discuss the Leeds Ladies football team. Our very own Another Northern Soul will be championing this cause and when applicable will keep us abreast of results, fixtures, signings, news etc.

So watch this space!
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: New Forum for all Leeds Ladies discussions and news

Postby Mr Russell » 25 Jul 2016, 21:35

Great idea and look forward to it :thumbup:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
Gordon Strachan's chauffeur

Postby Another Northern Soul » 26 Jul 2016, 08:24

(Posted 14th July 2016) Club statement: Senior and Junior teams

Leeds Ladies FC are extremely proud and pleased to announce the addition of further teams within their structure. Due to the hard work by Lewis Atkinson and his coaching team during the close season, along with very successful trials held over the weekend, the senior squad will be expanding to 3 senior teams. “Leeds Ladies FC are extremely proud and pleased to announce the addition of further teams within their structure. Due to the hard work by Lewis Atkinson and his coaching team during the close season, along with very successful trials held over the weekend, the senior squad will be expanding to 3 senior teams.

“I am extremely excited at the level of player quality that we have brought into the club and am looking forward to 3 senior teams competing to progress Leeds Ladies FC to a higher level of football” Lewis Atkinson

In addition to this we are also expanding the junior squads and will be fielding an under 15’s team.

This cements our endeavour to provide coaching and development for local, grass roots football and strengthens our position as a community club. Lee Townend Director of Football said “The addition to the junior section which now comprises of under 15 and under 16 teams is proof that the club is moving from strength to strength. We have very talented young ladies joining us from various areas of Yorkshire and the future is looking brighter for the club as a whole”

http://www.leedsladiesfc.com/club-state ... xpansions/
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby NottinghamWhite » 26 Jul 2016, 09:10

Can TALK be promoted on their website ? I know there's a section for this on WACCOE but this site is a totally different animal & would be a much friendlier place for discussion.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Another Northern Soul » 26 Jul 2016, 09:15

NottinghamWhite wrote:Can TALK be promoted on their website ? I know there's a section for this on WACCOE but this site is a totally different animal & would be a much friendlier place for discussion.

I'm not sure, I'll ask but I think they might request some sort of sponsorship, if only minor, probably the case with any 'company' listed on there.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: All Leeds Ladies FC discussions and news

Postby Another Northern Soul » 03 Aug 2016, 09:43

Further to the sponsorship mention, it looks like this forum will be having its logo on the official team bus which is great news.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Another Northern Soul » 03 Aug 2016, 09:45

The squad is training hard and there have been a few pre-season friendlies against higher division clubs. The performances have been good while the results haven't! Friendlies results though, as we all know, are insignifcant and I know that the manager and coaches are very happy with the quality of performances and work-rate from the players.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Another Northern Soul » 17 Aug 2016, 14:30

Martina Petrova signs

Leeds ladies are pleased and proud to introduce a fantastic new signing, striker Martina Petrova.

Martina is 21 and from Bulgaria. She has lived in England for 10 years and has recently graduated from University with a BSc in Sport, Physical Activity and Health.
Martina has played football since she was 9 years old originally playing in The Czech Republic where she lived for 2 years before moving to England.

Once settled in the UK, Martina played for local and for school teams before joining Harrogate town. Martina soon impressed and joined The North Yorkshire girls centre of excellence until graduating to senior football where she plied her trade with Wetherby Athletic Ladies FC. Martina says “I wanted to play for Leeds Ladies because I know that it is a great team with great skill and didn’t hesitate to take the opportunity to join”.

Lewis Atkinson, Leeds Ladies head coach had this to say about her: “Martina has trained with us for a couple of weeks and showed great character and ability with her football, settling in to the squad immediately. Martina offers many attacking options to our squad and this was shown recently in our 5-1 win at Norton and Stockton where Martina helped herself to 2 very well taken goals. I am pleased Martina has joined Leeds and feel she will add value to our squad for many seasons to come”.

This is certainly going to be a player to watch out for as the season progresses. A very warm welcome to Martina.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Return to Leeds Ladies Discussions & News