Leeds Ladies 1 Tranmere 1

This is the place for all discussions and news regarding the Leeds Ladies Football Club.

Leeds Ladies 1 Tranmere 1

Postby Another Northern Soul » 03 Oct 2016, 06:58

Match reports courtesy of the club chairman on Facebook :thumbup:

Well another day another 3 games for our girls although due to a blow out on the motorway i only managed to be at one and a half :)

Our under 15s lined up against Bradford City this morning in a fierce local derby and the theme of the day began in an opposition keeper having a complete worldie of a game, despite her best efforts though our girls once again brilliantly led by Captain Belle Sibbald managed to hammer home 17 goals to Bradfords 1! Now goals win games but performances win hearts and minds and to see our girls celebrating each goal with such pride and passion for me as a fan is fantastic. Equally to see our girls score goal after goal and dominate a game in such a manner with desire and hunger to go again after each goal like they were 5 goals down not 10 or 12 in front is the stuff of dreams for me as a chairman. These are, and i quote a Bradford fan after the game, "a bloody special set of girls" and i couldnt agree more :) Belle tag your squad in please?

Our second XI were at Ossett taking on the toughest side in their league, Fylde ladies, to whom we lost by a double figure margin at the start of the season. Despite having only 11 fit players (3 of whom were carrying injuries) the girls turned in a superb performance to send shock waves through their division by conceding only 4 and scoring themselves, Fylde will not have expected that and it shows the commitment and level of progression our second XI has achieved in a short period of time. I am told Shannon Beal was exceptional as captain and that doesnt surprise me at all, she is a player who wears her heart on her sleeve and epitomises the much loved #KeepFighting Leeds ethic, well done Shan, tag your squad into this please :)

Lastly our first XI took on Tranmere at home in a game they absolutely dominated and but for a frustrating inablity to beat a keeper who would have made England proud with a succession of world class saves a point from a 1-1 draw felt hugely frustrating and like 2 points dropped. Our girls will have wanted to do better, our coaches will have wanted to do better and the fans in the stand certainly felt we could and should have done better but there are times when it just happens, we have to learn how to deal with 'just happens' though and i fully expect to see a display of determination and passion in our midweek away fixture against Hull City. Eden Pedersen having recovered from her chest problems last weekend earned supporters player of the match giving head coach all kinds of selection headaches playing on the left hand side, Megan Maxted improves with each game, Βεατρικη Σαρρη is beginning to show her class, Harriet Anne Jakeman must surely have been a tank with a rocket engine in a previous life and Amy Perch and todays Captain Catherine Hamill are looking every inch the dream centre back pairing we always felt they could be. Keep Fighting girls and more of the same on Wednesday please :) Cath can you tag your squad in please?

Many thanks to the supporters at each of our games today, you are all as important to the club as any of us and i am very grateful to you all for your support.

Great to see Barry Colman back at Garforth looking well too even if his score prediction wasnt as accurate as lat time
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Return to Leeds Ladies Discussions & News