LUFCTALK Prediction League 2015/16

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

LUFCTALK Prediction League 2015/16

Post by Sheepy »

Our prediction league will once again be a feature of the forum and is back for the 2015/16 season. Most of you will know the rules, but if unsure, just add top this thread or (firstly) check out the rules link.

Important things to keep in mind:
- Competition only open to users with a minimum of 25 posts. You won't be able to see the links at all until you meet that criterion.
- For cup games that go into extra time, only the score at the end of the 90 minutes will be taken into account.
- You won't be able to make a prediction if there's less than 60 minutes to go before kick off. Don't post your score in this thread after that time, as it won't be taken into account.
- No prediction changes after they've been submitted.

You can see all your predictions and points breakdown under My predictions. All predictions shows the scores of everyone for the next game.

If there's any inaccuracies in upcoming kick off times, please post here or email us directly at info [at] lufctalk [dot] com.

Good luck everyone!
Deleted User 1022

Re: LUFCTALK Prediction League 2015/16

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Thanks Sheepy. Have always loved our in house prediction league.....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Yes, thanks Sheepy.

Absolutely determined to predict what I think will happen this year, rather than what I hope will happen. Cost me a top three finish last year :thumbdown:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Wow 13 people got the Burnley score right, amazing.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Bit late but thanks for doing this again :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

I was late with my prediction for the Reading game (and the Donny game :oops: :roll: ) but my prediction was 1 - 1. the points for the draw has not been added to my score.Looking up the rules it states:

Predictions are recorded for all competitive Leeds United games throughout a season, be it league or cup encounters. Every member will predict an exact score for the game (predictions are possible up until 60 minutes before kick-off for each game).

Although my prediction was placed before kick off, is there no flexibility in the rules :crazy: :eh:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

big jon wrote:Looking up the rules it states:

(predictions are possible up until 60 minutes before kick-off for each game)
That means that the CUT OFF time is one hour before kick-off.
After that, you can't add a prediction. Given the time between matches - at least three whole days and sometimes up to two weeks ! - that's plenty of time to get your scores in.

I believe there's only one person who actually updates the competition and given the numbers of entries to collate each week I think he's got enough work to do as it is without having to trawl through the forum trying to find any stragglers.
I'm sorry, but I think you have to chalk it up as a lesson. I know I've forgotten a few times because I've been away for the weekend and it drives me nuts, which is why I now get my predictions in early .. sometimes too early, given you don't know who might be suspended or injured, etc.
Deleted User 728

big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

rigger wrote:
big jon wrote:Looking up the rules it states:

(predictions are possible up until 60 minutes before kick-off for each game)
That means that the CUT OFF time is one hour before kick-off.
After that, you can't add a prediction. Given the time between matches - at least three whole days and sometimes up to two weeks ! - that's plenty of time to get your scores in.

I believe there's only one person who actually updates the competition and given the numbers of entries to collate each week I think he's got enough work to do as it is without having to trawl through the forum trying to find any stragglers.
I'm sorry, but I think you have to chalk it up as a lesson. I know I've forgotten a few times because I've been away for the weekend and it drives me nuts, which is why I now get my predictions in early .. sometimes too early, given you don't know who might be suspended or injured, etc.[/quote]

a Yes or a NO would have sufficed lol - (feels like a school kid in front of the headmaster :silent:)
Deleted User 728

big jon wrote:
a Yes or a NO would have sufficed lol - (feels like a school kid in front of the headmaster :silent:)
Really ??

The way you asked the question I thought deserved a proper explanation :(

If I'd just said "No" I think it would've come across as arrogant, cold-hearted and rude.
That's why I went through it in such detail.

Note to self : be more direct .. if at all possible :D