LUFCTALK Prediction League 2013-2014

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: LUFCTALK Prediction League

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I also think this is a great idea,however I think that the competition should only be open to members who have made say 20+ posts on the forum. There will no doubt be prizes available so they should go to members who have contributed to the forum. If this is acceptable by the members then the same should apply for next seasons Prediction League. Last seasons winner, or was it the season before had only made 1 post and after claiming his prize was never seen again.

Your thoughts please on this.

Phil
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

World Cup prediction league competition sounds a grand idea! :thumbup:
Not sure about having any entry criteria though, other than being a Talker, of course? ;)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Didn't we have an excellent Euro Championship competition a couple of years back ?.

As for the 'qualifying criteria', I see where NW is coming from but then I can understand why members would 'browse' rather than post too much.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I assume the League table now is the final one for the season, so congratulations to all the prize winners :thumbup: and thanks to Bogdan et al for running the competition :clap:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Indeed, that sees an end to another prediction league, thanks to everyone who took part, and congrats to the winners, as below:

1. Wakefield Whites 90 - a replica home shirt for the next season
2. Pecky10 83 - season review DVD
3. Dubleeds 80 - £10 voucher to the club shop
4. PockWhite 79 - £10 voucher to the club shop

Can the winners please PM either myself or Sheepy with their address that their prizes should be sent though, though apart from the shop vouchers it will probably be another month at least until the main prizes will be in the shop (usually, the home shirt would have been out by now).

LUFC prediction league will be back for the new season, we'll have a new one for the World Cup, I'm hoping ready to go in the next few days.

Cheers all!
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Firstly, massive thanks to Sheepy and Bogdan for all the work required in running this competition :thumbup:

Secondly, I was quite amused to re-read my opening post from this season's competition given my - I'm sure, temporary - lofty position this year....
Pecky10 wrote:Despite being one of the worst at this blessed competition (no Davy, I don't need reminding of my ineptitude :D), I thought I'd start this season's thread as it's now up and running

Finally, with the kind permission of the Admin team, in place of my prize, LUFCTALK will be giving a donation to charity. Some of you I'm sure, will have read the story of Stephen Sutton, a 19-yr old lad with terminal cancer who's made it his mission in life to help others and has raised over £3m for the Teenage Cancer Trust after posting what he thought was his final "thumbs up" on Facebook. Since then, he's made an improvement and he and his friends today are attempting a new World Record for most people making hearts with their hands in one place - another item on his bucket list :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Anyway, if you want to read more, click here and once again, thanks to the team for doing this :clap:
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

:clap:
:thumbup:
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

CrisPeacock wrote::clap:
:thumbup:
Ditto, great gesture Pecky :clap:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Bogdan wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:As the season is coming to a close and there's not too much going on bar a world cup i was wondering if there will be a prediction league for the world cup this time?, I know we have had them in the past (world cup 2010 & Euro 2012).
Good reminder, sir, it slipped my mind! I'll see if I can set it up in the next week or so and put up a post about it.
Excellent!

Also well done to those who were responsible for this seasons prediciton league and to the winners well done plus top gesture Pecky! :clap:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Big, big thanks to Bogdan, Sheepy and all Mods/Admin peeps for running this Prediction League, and for all their other hard work to keep this Forum going! :thumbup:
Can I similarly ask that £10 be donated to this young man's appeal, in lieu of my prize.
Many thanks.
MOT. :thumbup: