What's your real name and where do you live ?

A quick introduction to LUFCtalk and some brief guidelines.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What's your real name and where do you live ?

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Last time my mate from Winchester came up to Nottingham the 2 of us went out for a bite to eat. He was horrified at me for having gravy with my chips. Blooming soft southerners :)

The Wykeham is just off Cathedral Square. http://www.wykehamarmswinchester.co.uk
Think we had a meal in there once, long time ago though.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

Hi Max 23 from bingley , season ticket for last 2 years and trying to get to a few new away grounds might catch dlw up.

Work in asda but none of the benefits as its compass group i work for in cafe and the less said about them the better.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

18longleeds wrote:Hi Max 23 from bingley , season ticket for last 2 years and trying to get to a few new away grounds might catch dlw up.

Work in asda but none of the benefits as its compass group i work for in cafe and the less said about them the better.
And an original LUFCTALK member from almost day 1!
PGS
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PGS »

Hi I am Per Guttorm ,just called PG by family and friends. I come from Trysil Norway, a ski-resort 200km north of Oslo close to the Swedish border. I am 51 yo and run my own business, importing/retailing movable walls and telescopic stands to Norwegian construction sites. Other than work and football I love travelling around with my golfclubs.
I have been a Leeds fan since fa-cup final against Arsenal in '72. I made my pilgrimage to ER last autumn (Charlton match), I hope to visit more regularly in the future. I dont have any children my self so I have put alot of work into making my nephew a Leeds fan (his parents supports Arsenal), I am happy to tell you that he has been a passionate white for 15 years :D.

Great thread Rigger!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Cheers, PG - nice story, too !
I'm in the same boat: no kids, two nephews who are proud Leeds fans :)
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Ok most of the original members will know me & I have personally met a fair number of fellow talkers on here. Unfortunately for various reasons I have not met up with many on match days this season but always a pleasure to see & chat with you all.
Originally from Harrogate I still wish I could return to my place of birth but financial constraints is the biggest reason why I still live in this sleepy outback of Ramsey in Cambridgeshire.
Nearly 8 years ago now when I finally managed early retirement from the MOD & returned to watching Leeds every game. I have now probably clocked over 3000 games over my lifetime but regret none of it & consider myself very fortunate to witness in person all our major trophy wins.
For the past 2 or 3 seasons I have said I would not go to as many games because I am peed off with our lack of progress but that said I have only missed a couple of games this season.
I will probably renew my ST again as long as the club show a commitment to improve & keep our younger players.
That's it from me, over & out
Phil
Deleted User 728

You must hammer your car, mate :o
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I suppose I had best do a proper one. My names Phil I too took early retired from the MOJ over 2 years ago now. First ever game was back in 1967, 48 years ago and where has the time gone ? I'm originally from a North Yorkshire but now as my user name suggests I have lived here in Nottingham for the last 20 years. I helped start Nottingham Whites RMC & was their first Chairman around 10 years ago now. I stepped down after a bad illness but today the club still flourishes & gets members to every home & away game. As most of you know I love my traveling & have been lucky to visit all 7 continents having visited Antarctica a couple of years back.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:I suppose I had best do a proper one. My names Phil I too took early retired from the MOJ over 2 years ago now. First ever game was back in 1967, 48 years ago and where has the time gone ? I'm originally from a North Yorkshire but now as my user name suggests I have lived here in Nottingham for the last 20 years. I helped start Nottingham Whites RMC & was their first Chairman around 10 years ago now. I stepped down after a bad illness but today the club still flourishes & gets members to every home & away game. As most of you know I love my traveling & have been lucky to visit all 7 continents having visited Antarctica a couple of years back.
MOJ ??

Ministry of .. Jousting ? Jumping ? Jiving ? Jealousy ??

Please enlighten us :mrgreen:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Ministry of Justice.
Winner of the Europa League